OK Los Angeles...

Hi!
I'm new to the site. I live in North Hollywood with a small gang of young chickens. . .and a few that turned out to be boys that I'm trying to get rid of. I've tried a few feed stores locally where they laughed when I asked about poultry supplies. I've heard the Red Barn in Tarzana is the place to go. I am checking it out later today.

The closet place to you would likely be Stephens Hay and Grain in Glendale. Their focus is more horses than poultry but they do carry all of the basics if you are just looking for the standard stuff. I feel like their prices are good but if you are looking for soy-free then I do not believe they carry any. There is also Malibu Feed Bin if you ever find yourself more west. I have not been to Red Barn yet, but Tarzana is pretty far for me.

Good luck!

Hi, I'm in Lakewood, CA. I found a chicken on Saturday. No one has claimed her. I can't keep her. Does anyone want her? Tomorrow afternoon I'm taking her to a feed store where they said they should be able to find her a home. If you are interested let me know soon! Thanks!

Last edited:
Seems like an old post but let's keep this going.. in in elay.. you know, wish I had a farm so instead I get chickens and decide it is fine since my neighbor across the street has a roo.

Back
Top Bottom