ok to feed spent grain from brewing beer

[COLOR=800000]What place near  27612  mid n raleigh has very good but low cost grain from Brewery or whereever??   I'm raising friendly beautiful rare breed chicks and have growing flocks..[/COLOR]

Check CL. Many small brewers or home brewers will put an ad up there. You can also call around or drive back behind the brew pubs looking for the waste bins. They are usually off to the side to encourage pickup saving them $$ on trash. Keep a few 5gal buckets in your car just in case. It will be free or trade for eggs. If you're on FB check to see if there is a local home brewers group.

Last edited:
hi there.any idea if this can be used for other type animals like rabbits? wondering if my cats and dogs could eat as well

​hi there.any idea if this can be used for other type animals like rabbits? wondering if my cats and dogs could eat as well
my dogs don't touch it and they'll eat just about anything I put in front of them. Cats, never. Rabbits probably would as it is usually an ingredient in their pelleted feed.

Last edited:
My boyfriend is a home brewer. To deal with the freshness of the wet barley grains he freezes them in quart sized ziplock bags. I pull a bag out of the freezer about once a week and let it defrost in the fridge. I feed a scoop as a treat for our nine girls each day throughout the week (along with a couple of handfuls of bagged chopped kale and some vegi kitchen scraps) Hope sharing this helps.

Back
Top Bottom