Ok You were ALL right......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rainstorm, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Ok so many of you told me I was gonna get addicted to incubating after my first time..... Now I believe it. still about 20 eggs in the incubator and some hatching now and in a few days and some not hatching till the 15th next month and im sitting here thinking of what to incubate next and how to raise some extra money to get a second incubator or a better brand of incubator.... [​IMG]

So I want some opinions on what to hatch...

#1 Call ducks
    #2 Tuxedo and Button Quail
    #3 Welsh Harlequin ducks.
    #4 Silkies

I wouldnt mind some other opinions on other breeds to [​IMG]

and opinions on if I decide to save for a better incubator, What one would be best in a slightly drafty room that the temp is up and down?

2. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    SILKIES all the way! that way you don't have to buy an incubator and can have a bunch of broody silkie hens [​IMG]

3. Burbs

Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    South East Idaho
    Quote:I'd agree, silkies are delicious! [​IMG]

4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I refuse to make decisions like that...hatch all of them...go all out and get a sportsman...or do like me and borrow your buddy's for a couple years [​IMG]

5. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:LOL

Sadly I know no one with a incubator except my brothers friend and he has a LG to

6. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK

Sadly I know no one with a incubator except my brothers friend and he has a LG to

borrow it!

7. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Cochins, cochins, cochins.....[​IMG]

8. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida

borrow it!

Im definetly gonna ask him that, Although I know I cant for a few weeks he just threw some eggs in there not that long ago.. actaully I think those are due this week.... [​IMG]

9. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    I have cotournix if you are interested but must admit that I got a bunch from someone in your neck of the woods...nope don't 'member who

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Rain, did you get a styro incubator? I just ordered the Brinsea. It should be at work waiting for me.... I decided against the styro ones on the advice of a seasoned pro. I spent more money, but I am really hoping for good hatches. I haven't started yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by