May 22, 2019
Okanagan Valley
Hey everyone I couldn't find a BC or Okanagan specific thread and being in Canadas only desert presents unique situations to the rest of Canada.

What is everyone doing for the heat?
Do you do anything special to help your chickens when its smokey?

Where in the Okanagan are you?

Hey everyone I couldn't find a BC or Okanagan specific thread and being in Canadas only desert presents unique situations to the rest of Canada.

What is everyone doing for the heat?
Do you do anything special to help your chickens when its smokey?

Where in the Okanagan are you?
I'm in Kamloops! Where are you?
I am new to chickens so nit sure what to do for heat or smoke. So far they have been fine with lots of water and shade.

I'm in Kamloops! Where are you?
I am new to chickens so nit sure what to do for heat or smoke. So far they have been fine with lots of water and shade.

We are new to chickens too! We are south of penticton where its really hot! Ours are still little though (almost 5 weeks) and seem to love the heat right now so will be interesting to figure out what they need as they get bigger.

We are new to chickens too! We are south of penticton where its really hot! Ours are still little though (almost 5 weeks) and seem to love the heat right now so will be interesting to figure out what they need as they get bigger.
Mine are 8 weeks. They look pretty much full grown (except we cannot tell which ones are hens or roos yet!). Super hot here. 33C today.
I made ice blocks with blueberries in them. Not sure if it did much but it was fun!

Back
Top Bottom