Okay eggsperts...

mangled

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
The Wilds of Western PA
Okay, now I know I have fully lost what is left of my mind, but...

I had a guinea hen come out of the woods a few weeks ago, and she has adopted my flock. She is usually way out and about, but today, I was working on the run and noticed she spent a whole lot of time in and out of the coop.

When I put them up for the night, I grabbed the last 7 eggs and was wondering if this one could be a guinea egg:
The first pic is huge. Sorry about that.
sad.png

4208002.jpg

Here it is in comparison to the small egg I get from my EE and the big brown eggs I get from my BR:
0402082144a.jpg

I get speckled eggs frequently, this was just seems different. Can you eat guinea eggs?
hmm.png

Thanks-
Em

You can eat Guinea eggs but they don't look like that I think they are small and more pointy then the chicken eggs and white. may be you have a new pullet laying?

Good Luck I just got my first egg yesterday and I can't wait till I am trying to tell them apart.

Edited to say (sorry I put chicken where Guiniea was supposed to be LOL) and I fixed it
Henry

Last edited:
If that is a barred rock egg, then the center one is not a guinea egg. Guinea eggs are about the size of a bantam egg, and like 92caddy said they will be extremely hard too, and pointy

Quote:
I tried to eat a alligator egg once, now I have a stump where my arm used to be, and you thought your broodie hen had attitude.
he.gif

lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom