Okay here we go again..I have a chick pic included page 4

Good luck!!!! Come on chickies!!!!
jumpy.gif

I have a baby chick alive and very voicerous. She is so dang cute and she is very strong. She was born about 5 am. I got up at 3am and there was no real progress. I thought I saw a tiny hole in the membrane but was a little worried and just went back to bed. My dh wakes me up and says the chick must have been born. We could hear her chirping from the next room. She was very wet out of the shell with the cord attached which she quickely distached. She had the yolk still on her bum alittle but now it's all evaporated. She still is drying and chirping up a storm and walking all over. She has something to say to this world! I recently checked the other ones I felt viable that i could see and they are still moving around. I think one is ready to hit the air cell but none are pipping. I will give them a rest and maybe they need a couple more days.

Yeah!!! I'm all smiles!!!!!
big_smile.png
My fingers are crossed for the others!!!

Last edited:
Actually no more are pipping but I candled this morning and I saw three more moving. One was very close to the air cell. I think my temps may have been a lttle on the low side so they might be taking a little longer. We are still on day 21 til 8pm so we will wait. There are other eggs but All I could see is a dark spot(they are very dark eggs)

Back
Top Bottom