Okay, howzabout we help each other out... *UPDATED* See last post!!!!!

Quote:
Well, we're a sad bunch aren't we...

Lurky, I like the story on how you picked your username
lol.png

Going to eat my fruity cheerios, watch the Beverly Hillbillies, and go out to check for eggs, lol

Last edited:
Okay, just a thought, does anyone have ideas on how to save your first egg?
Like, blowing and stuff? Any and all ideas will be appreciated.
Oh, and it would be great if anyone had a way to save the shell, but still be able to eat the egg.

Last edited:
I never thought about saving the first egg... I would think that blowing it would be your best option so it doesn't go bad and get stinky... make sure to paint the date on it as well!!!

I had to go to the calendar and count up how old my girls are. 12 weeks, no eggs till August or September.
sad.png
My roo still hasn't crowed either.

I've been fixing up the coop and working in the yard. I'll have to get some golf balls too.

Marsha

Well.....ladies and gents....my BO,EE, and others are at 17 weeks. I go out there every day, and find ONE tiny egg....so far....5....however..I have NO idea who is laying them. Hmmmmm....just about time to be getting REAL eggs, LOL

Well, I am pretty new to chickens, always wanted them, but figured that since I live in a small town...well, anyways, i was reading a book about chickens and in the back it said to ask the municipality you live in whether you can keep chickens, so I did! Lo and behold you are allowed 3 (no roo, unfortunately) So i got my neighbours permission, then the town counsels permission, and spent way too much on building a coop, and run, and then decorating the darn thing....and yes I have chairs in there...(is this a run-on sentence?). Oh ya, and built a tractor(which I don't use cuz I let them free range when I am outside(which is most of the day)

Got 2 pullets from a friend, they are...let me see...14 weeks(little charmers) so with them to lay, I've got a bit to go. But I also got a silkie hen 2 weeks ago (lady I got her from said "she lays faithfully everyday") and I'm like, ya right! Well, paint me white, and call me a fence! She has been laying everysingle day! I feel like a kid at Christmas! I go out to check way too many times in a day(even tho she lays regular at 12 noon)

OK, here's the funny part! There are 6 in our family all together...and everyone wants a turn to eat UhOh's eggs...since she's a silkie, it takes a few to make it a real breakfast, and so today I get to eat my first egg(s)! Yippee!
lol.png

So in the meantime, waiting for my pullets to become women, I neuroticlly (sp, totally!) pace back and forth near the hen pen, pretending to be doing other chores, telling myself I can't possibly go in there one more time to check, cuz the neighbours will commit me...loving my four beautiful (neurotic, also) daughters who share my enthusiasm for animals, and laughing my head off with my husband when somebody else calls us "the town petting-zoo"

life is so fun! thanx for furrries, God! You done good!

:)Hello mine are 10 weeks and I can't wait. Got 4 new laying hens on Monday to add to my flock of hens. Have 16 hens and 23 pullets
Bob
North west Ind

Its when you "give up" they will start laying. You know....a watched pot never boils?? Sorta like that with the hens. LOL Just be patient.....you time will come soon....then it will be peacefull once again!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom