Okay I Need Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by can you hear me now?, Jul 13, 2008.

1. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    I put my babies in a new outside pen to keep em safe from the loder ones. My problem is that this pen was very green and now it is not so green. They have absolutely gorged themselves on all of this green material. Now I can see that thier chests are puffed out and I am wanting to know if there is anything to do or am I out all of these chickens with the puffed chests.

2. can you hear me now?

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    somebody please answer this post I am at a loss of what I should do and am worried that these poor babies are going to die.

3. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Was it grass? If it was grass then they are fine...just have full crops

4. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    And you might want to be more specific in your thread title

5. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    How old are they? I doubt they will die. Sometimes they just eat a lot of green stuff because they love it. It might give them diarrhea, but I doubt it will do them any long term harm unless it is toxic to chickens to begin with.

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I dont really know what to tell you. was it a rubber coating? My thoughts would be to pray that it passes. How old are they? I hope it works out for a happy ending [​IMG]

7. can you hear me now?

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    omg thank goodness. I never seen them eat so much. was mostly weeds and baby tree leaves. Probably hickory because the new pen is under a hickory tree. Sorry about the post title I thought this would get better hits than what I got so far. Now I see that I was wrong.

8. injunjoe

injunjoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Pasco county, FL.
    Can I suggest that they get some grit to help with this newfound food! You mention they are outside in a pen , so they will find some grit, but offering some may help them in there transition from one food to another!

9. can you hear me now?

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    That is one thing i did. I put food out there for them and put some smaller rocks into the feeder with the food so they can get grit from it. I just hope it is enough. I was mainly scared because the majority of my future egg layers are out there at the present moment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by