Okay, seriously, when is this site going to slow down!?!?!?!?!

Well personally speaking..i ask questions because....i want to get FIRST HAND information and advice from people that ACTUALLY own chickens...i have chicken books,,,and have googled questions also,(MANY,MANY TIMES)..so..for me..its not being.. "lazy"..its wanting REAL ADVICE, FROM REAL PEOPLE THAT HAVE RAISED CHICKENS....books are great...but..when i ask a question and get PERSONAL responses..from people that have been in my situation..and LEARNED from it..and then they pass what they have learned on to me...there is nothing better than that!!.....i REALLY appreciate the first hand help..you guys have been GREAT in responding to my questions,,((even though they are dumb and repetive))...i just wanted to say..thanks for being so helpful to novices like myself..Thanks,
smile.png
..Wendy

I love this site!!! I was searching on Google for learning how to care for my new unexpected chickies back in March. Now everytime I'm on google I end up back here and start laughing. I have learned sooo many great things and its like everyone here is closer then my family. I can sit here for hours talking about and learning about my chickens. DH and I drove by a house yesterday that had kiddie pools outside on the curb. There were like 5 of them. And I blurted out how those would make great brooders and tried to figure how many chicks I could have if I had those kiddie pools lol. He says he can't take me anywhere because all I think about when I see something is how I can use it for my chickens
lau.gif
Thanks again for this great site. I don't feel alone anymore in my crazziness for chickens

Quote:
Yeah, although I love this site, I agree it gets really annoying when the same question gets asked every single day(Exasperation).

Is it because folks are too lazy to search? or because their search doesn't turn up enough info? If the latter, perhaps we can make the search function work better??

Nifty, maybe we can start a thread asking "why didn't you search for the answer first?"

I think it is because people are lazy, impatient, and/or don't know how to search. I know I fall into the first 2 camps quite often.
roll.png

The search tool listed in the FAQ (if used correctly) can find a needle in a haystack (and tell you how long it is and how many people touched it last).
big_smile.png

I agree, the simple questions that don't have a lot of room for creative thinking, like "how many sq. feet per bird." or "how many days does it take an egg to hatch" should be answered VERY quickly using the FAQs or search.

Ijust have one question If you dont keep doing the same questions people will run out of questions and the forums would slow way down.

NEVER! BYC is the best! How can you expect such a wonderful site with such wonderful people to slow down, Nifty?!?!
lol.png

We're #2 here.

I can't tell you in the past 11 weeks how often I've searched and found out HUGE amounts of information by seasoned "chicken" professionals! God bless you all!

Everything from, hatching, pipping, incubators, breed of chickens (we have 5 breeds) sexing, what kind of feed and wood chips-the list goes on and on.

I find the search so full of information...I've rarely had to ask a question on my own.

The heart of these people saved me during the loss of MANY unhatched chicks, when our dog got ahold of a 2 day old baby to "play" with it, and when we were building our coop and our run. Even though we are in town, our list of neighorhood predators are many and your advice has saved the 9 sweet chickens we have.

Your help in determining breed, sex and feeding advice has been invaluable, including poisonous plants, and some chicken treat favorites!

We started this project as a homeschooling project and without you sweet people, I'm sure all our chickens would be dead by now. With you, and your sweet loving advice we've got a small, happy flock that we sit and watch and play with for hours everyday.
big_smile.png

My kids and I have left the unfullfilling world of TV for a life of feathers, fun and sweet chicks that (when it's their idea) climb onto our laps for a swing on the porchswing
love.gif

I've wanted chickens for a year now. With your loving advice....we have them. Thanks to you all........
clap.gif

citychickers, thanks for the comments! You brought up some really interesting points:

1) I wish we could count the number of chick and chicken lives we've collectively saved by helping each other!

2) And count the quality of life for those chickens (and their owners)

3) I think a huge BYC campaign could be built on the idea of using chick raising as a means to pull children away from TV and Video Games!

I'm in Group #1. I actually knew about BYC for a while before posting here, because I usually posted to another forum. But that got old when the admin. became a grammar/slang/social-chat Nazi and started editing everyone's posts like Joseph McCarthy channelling Hannibal Lecter on crack. "Do you now, or have you ever used the word 'banty' for bantam??? WELL, HAVE YOU, CLARICE???" Um, so I came here where everyone's sane
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom