Okay what would you do with this pest

find a way to dispatch it relocating racoons is a bad idea ad most likely illegal it is here in Indiana spread disease and your problem to someone else

Quote:
You dont have to hold the coon to kill it with a knife. And thats what gloves r for and I have held raccoons wild one fast and can been mean as hell

A fairly cheap air rifle , 1000fps as mentioned before, usually can be found at your local Wal-Mart . One round behind the ear and it's done. I've dispatched many dozens with this method, and don't let that little innocent look it might give you fool you, they're mean and would try to chew your foot off in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am one of those people who lives "several miles away" in a wooded area. Inconsiderate people dump all sorts of their problems for us to take care of - I still have several of their unwanted cats and dogs to take care of (anyone want one or two?
roll.png
). Please have the guts to take care of your own problems.

Quote:
It is very quick. As for the rest...as someone else said... child PLEASE!

What part of drowning is quick? The several minutes of struggling to get air before losing consciousness? Or the several minutes after that before the brain stops functioning and the heart stops beating from the lack of oxygen? The definition of quick is fast, or instantaneous, such as with a bullet to the brain.

By the way, child PLEASE! - what does that mean exactly?

Quote:
Child please!

Do you realize what a horrible death a chicken experiences when a raccoon knaws its head off while it's still alive? I have no sympathy for raccoons. Drowning might be a little frightening, so what... I bet it doesn't hurt as much as having your neck chewed off and I bet the poor dead chicken was frightened too.

Lisa

X2000

Often, as humans, we try to avoid situations which, if we do avoid, means we just aren't dealing with it. Kind of like the ones that dump starved/sick kittens or puppies off the side of the road to "give them a chance" rather than do the responsible thing.

I'm not against disposing of an animal that has killed your chickens, just the drowning part.

Quote:
You dont have to hold the coon to kill it with a knife. And thats what gloves r for and I have held raccoons wild one fast and can been mean as hell

I think the movie ELF says it pretty good for those not familiar with a coon. They DO NOT like to hug. LOL. My dad was an avid coon hunter when he was young, and since he was a little guy, he was the one that always got to shimmy up the tree and flush the coon out. Said the limb broke one night with him and coon on it, and he said that coon almost tore him up ON THE WAY down, which was just a matter of seconds. They are not a force to be reckoned with for sure!!!

I'll say this and back out of this conversation. Anybody that kill animals just to kill is one sick puppy. I fail to see the need nor enjoyment to kill for killings sake. But for any animal that I know is a predator with vision of getting my animals as soon as the opportunity presents itself is a goner. Whether by gunshot, board, bat, rake, shovel, dog or water. They are done for here.

By till the next one.

Back
Top Bottom