Okiechick57's Incubator Adventure

Quote:
I haven't candled mine yet, also at Day 8 here. I'm afraid that I won't see anything. I'm probably not close enough to come rescue you.
Anyway, I have this long glass thermometer that DH brought home from school. It reads 37.5 C and doesn't match the digital that's in there which is reading 100.5. Aaaaah. It's all driving me nuts!!

I too will be afraid to candle..........all is seemingly going well.but still......ya never know uh.........with all the horror stories I have read.
My humidity is up to 45% and temps are steady at 99 and 100 give or take a point.......so I am doing okay,
DAY 2,HOW MANY DAYS
gig.gif

Quote:
Please don't thank me for my help. Helping you hatch eggs is a practical joke that
last 21(or more) days. Just remember you will soon be an expert so you're gonna
be the one saying the dumb things I am. That was the deal, right?

You are not going to candle for at least a week. Normally I would say don't candle
but SO many people are having shipped egg issues I'd rather you candle at 8 days
than have a heartache at 22.

Please post a pic soon so I can see your thermometer setup!!!!

Quote:
That is very good advise. The first time I artificially incubated eggs (w/o a broody hen), I waited 25 long, stressful days before I finally broke down and candled only to find out that 90% of them were infertile or died within a few days of starting, and the rest died around day 17 when I had an awful temperature spike for a few hours.
The deal is, that if I had been candling them, I could have been prepared for most of that.

Edited to add:
These eggs were not from my birds - I rarely get infertile eggs from them
tongue.png

Last edited:
haha PC...........first time out..........didnt want to lose too many....but temps are holding so good.and no condensation at all..... but I added two today
big_smile.png

yep it is.............all look okay to you? so far so good.....2 days down only 19
barnie.gif
to go........

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom