***OKIES in the BYC III ***

well, the clean out part isn't that hard- i have her in the tub on a towel, so i fed her crumbles with oil in it, massage the crop gently a couple times throughout the day to loosen things up- then tip her forward while pressing gently on the crop, they will spit out the crop contents- not a pretty sight, but it gets it out.... all i could see was bits of grass, so not sure what is really going on, maybe free ranging should be limited for awhile

SOONER-- are you guys ready for the first show today ????? dustin already has all his birds ready to go he has chose some verry nice one can't wait
ya.gif

We are as ready as we can get considering they are all either going into moult or coming out of it. Guess you guys are making the trip to be there?

We had a pullet with sour crop last month. Dh made her throw up 2 times & she was better. I honestly was unable to get her to throw up, but it worked really well for him. Anytime I touched her crop she burped & she was very lethargic. Within a day of throwing up she was better. She even laid her first egg yesterday. Now I want more copper marans! Forgot how pretty that egg was when I set it in the incubator!

Glad you guys will get to make the show. I just let mine do there own thing, not sure I would know how to make them do it early. Had hopes of having my building up by now so it would make show season alittle better but with the long hours DH is working it will be a while.

Back
Top Bottom