***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. mjgigax

mjgigax Overrun With Chickens

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK
    I thought I was better but I am still sick with some bug I got last week. I went to the Dr. today and he says it is a virus that can last 10 days to 2 weeks. I have lost 10 lbs. I don't think I will make it to Blanchard tomorrow. [​IMG]

2. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla
    hey carl, do me a favor and look in sooners ride and see if there are 2x4s wired to the peddles, or if there are a bunch of pillows in the seat.[​IMG]

i always wondered how someone that " verticaly challenged" drove a vehicle.[​IMG]

i mean i'm not that tall, but she aint even shoulder high to me![​IMG]

3. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Anyone making it to Blanchard this wk? It is going to be cold & miserable maybe that means a shorter sale???? I have a plasticulture workshop in Okc saturday so I may stop by since it is on my way home--- especially since I won't be able to make another auction until first of march.

4. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I figure most of us have better things to do than spraying and re-spraying. Frontline is easy, fast and it works.
    Do you mean, Channing, my Serama? Actually he did get a drop, too lol But surely there's not a bug with enough nerve to jump on my best little buddy!
    I got my Dubia today! I love these guys (as far as roaches go-haha).
    Kass, is this one with the red arrow a female? I hope so but I'm not sure. Most of them look like this, I'm hoping he sent me a bunch of good sized females.
    This forum is messing up really bad. 1/2 the time it won't let me post and I have to refresh the page. I would think it was my wifi except for the fact other forums work fine.

[​IMG]

5. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Hope you get feeling better soon. When I was teaching Kindergarden the children loved to share their cooties. I missed 2 solid wks of work & when I went back I only worked until noon for the first week back. Remember dr telling me could take 6 wks to get my energy back--- but dont worry about buying new clothes--- the weight I lost came back faster than my energy did.....

6. mjgigax

mjgigax Overrun With Chickens

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK

Wow! I keep looking at those bugs and then looking away. One half of me is facinated, the other half says NO WAY!
    They look so primordial, unevolved..
    You are very fun Mitzi, nice nail color and cool/creepy bugs. [​IMG]

7. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla

mitzi, my wife says you are nuts! if we get roaches that big were moving!

she also said no to the pic, so i will have it up later.

sometimes mine does the the lockup/refresh thing, not sure what it is.

8. Cjarvis

Cjarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    We won't make it, but considering the weather things wil either not be there or be real cheap. A good buyers sale is in store if there is anything worth having.

9. Ksane

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    MJ, there's definitely something going around. I still don't feel right 6 wks later.
    JCat-I wish I could go. But one of the birds I picked up at the auction I went to Jan 7th had some respiratory thing and it's still making the rounds here.
    Knock on wood my precious Cochins and my Favs don't get sick!

10. Ksane

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    rofl! MJ, you have to be awed by these bugs haha! They do look like little prehistoric beings. I guess really they are actually. That's why I like my little MOdern Bantam pair so much-they remind me of dinosaur birds.
    Jim, tell her they're all soft feeling and their little legs are so tickly lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by