***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    rofl! I hope to someday be as good at roach butts as Kass! Thanks for the info though, seriously. I know Jim's just chomping at the bit to get ahold of that one!
    Bill, you might be interested in this. This is what I ended up doing for the bug waterers. Here's the water crystals I got at the Dollar Store (for a dollar lol). The bugs do actually eat these water crystals, that's how they get the water out of them. But if you do it this way (or with the hole in the bottom of a plastic bottle) they'll drink the water in the cracks between the water crystals instead. Which seems like it'd be healthier for them and not fill their stomachs up with plastic. Believe it or not I read an entire thread about the subject lol! Just hold your finger over the hole in the chick waterer when you turn it right side up until you get the water crystals put in.
    And Jim, here's a picture just for you of one of the Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. I'm sure once your wife sees a close-up of this beautiful face she'll fall in love with them same as I have, just look at those darling little hairy legs. [​IMG]
    I see he's missing one of his antenna, better get a prosthetic out.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla
    fortunatly she is at work now, so i will let her look tonigt when she gets home!

3. vebi

vebi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Guymon, OK 73942
    The pigeons are Rostov Tumblers. They are a Russian Breed....

4. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    Only thing I can think to say is RAID!

On the ,atter of Robins roo. I am wondering if the bath the day befor it died had something to do with it. Maybe something or the wrong amount of something in the water. Baths aren't nautral for chickens and maybe it has had to many! Just say in!

5. Buster52

Buster52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    Geronimo Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

6. Buster52

Buster52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    Geronimo Oklahoma
    Well, I was very impressed with what I saw on your phone at the auction. You really put that workshop to use!

7. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Thanks buster - I need to take some more pics of the hoop house-- I just never seem to get the camera out. It was toasty warm inside today with the sun shinning.

Carl-- DD moved birds into the brooder box today. I was trying not to laugh @ her as she was sitting it up & moving birds. She was saying this is so perfect it is like it was made just for chicks.

Anyone that is wanting to try out puppy pads in their brooders. It worked great for 3-4 days. Then they would need to be changed twice a day. They get really nasty real fast as the chicks start eating more.

I can already feel the temperature dropping---- so dinner is chili.

8. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.

When I first saw the bug picture blended with your red nails, I thought oh wow that bug done chewed off her finger. Then I thought back to Kass's post and thought, wow you need socks on your hands to remind you not to let bugs chew on your fingers. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Hi Buster

10. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by