***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. Buster52

Buster52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    Geronimo Oklahoma
    Hey, y'all, anybody make it to Blanchard? We are down in Texas at my oldest daughter's visiting her family and soaking up some grandbaby time. We also scoped out a library in the area that is looking for a new director and I've decided to apply. It would be nice to live closer to my daughter. The extra money would be nice, too.

Hope all is well.

2. Bo Garrett

Bo Garrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Anyone go to the Oklahoma State Poultry Federation meeting today? I wanted to go but it was just too far to drive for an hour or so meeting. Hope some good things came from the meeting and that the Shawnee show will continue to be as good as ever.

Keep warm,

Bo

3. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.

Buster hate to see you move but am happy for you if you get to be near family. This is premature but figured I would get foot in door. Are you taken your big chicken tractor and pens?

4. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    good evning iv been working on a new breeder house for the boys and girls and whanted to share some pics

it will be 12 breeder pins each breeder pin will be 5 ft x 5ft in the house and have a 5ft x 7 ft scrach yard .

here is a pic from day one you can see i have the clear span strucher fraim setup

[​IMG]

today i framed the pins and base of the the house and the door fraims and roost

[​IMG]

and i hope to have another prodoctive day tomarow

5. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.

Looks like it will be a nice one, what are you covering it with

6. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    i will be using a 12.5 oz white polly cover and it will hava roll doun covers for the scrach yard and sides

7. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    Nothing. I wish I had been working on something. I didnt have time. So tomorrow I am running to the grocery store early, then working on my quilting squares. I will take a small break from that and get my seeds started for my garden.

8. poultryand bees

poultryand bees ~Drives a Magic Poultry Van~

Feb 4, 2008
    Oklahoma City

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  9. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    LOL! Big ol fluffy butt! here was the pic i was working from....i love challenges!

[​IMG]

does anyone know the signs of kidney failure in a hen? i have an older hen that is lethargic, and saw some refs online to her symptoms... or possible internal egg issues- had the same problems with her a month or so ago...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. janbcoo1

janbcoo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    NE Oklahoma City
    Yeaaaaa! Back from Blanchard with 16 new little chicks!!! - 10 Buff Orps and 6 NH reds and we are off and running again. Darling Daughter called me this evening and begged me to get a variance from the City BEFORE we let the little ones out in their pen. Guess I'll have to petition the City Council for a compassion variance. I don't know if they ever grant anything like that, but when we had chickens last year before the City came and told us they were illegal, Darling Hubby was doing so well! He really loved those sweet birds and it broke his heart to have to give them up. Now I will try to do the right thing and get the city to see that there are times when taking someone's pet(s) away is as damaging to the elderly as any other abuse. Since his stroke, DH was in a downward spiral and the chickens perked him right up! What do you all think? Letters from his doctors and from our family and near neighbors who know him??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by