***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. Poco Pollo

Poco Pollo Vista de Nada Farm

Jun 14, 2009
    Haskell, OK
    Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm interested in knowing what your friend is asking for each of his extractors and the other equipment. If you could PM me a list with prices, then I could show my DH and get back to you. Thanks again for checking.

2. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Maybe several of us on here that have large health problems can write you letters to present to the council stating how for some of us having chickens is one of the few things that bring us comfort. Let us know if we can help.

3. poultryand bees

poultryand bees ~Drives a Magic Poultry Van~

Feb 4, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Congratulations!
    Yes, letters from your husband's doctor and from the family and neighbors would likely be helpful in getting a variance.
    If your close neighbors are in support of the chickens, it would be extremely helpful. Since chickens (without a rooster of course) are not noisy, I can't imagine why anyone would object to a tidy and clean coop and chicken run. Perhaps you can introduce the baby chicks to the neighbors and get them to fall in love with the chicks, like you have done.

4. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla

you better believe letters from te doctors and everyone else you can think of!

good luck and i hope you can get your variance.

5. poultryand bees

poultryand bees ~Drives a Magic Poultry Van~

Feb 4, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Would I be correct in thinking the Blanchard auction did not last as long as it sometimes has in the past? I see several folks are viewing this thread, who likely went to the auction. For those of you who went to the auction, was it strictly a buyer's market?

6. Poco Pollo

Poco Pollo Vista de Nada Farm

Jun 14, 2009
    Haskell, OK
    I glued and nailed my hive body boxes and frames today. I was please by how easily I was able to square up the boxes. I was glad there were enough jigs to share around the room. Holding ten assembled frames at a time was great. Here are my unpainted boxes and frames. I don't have any photos with the foundation in the frames. Maybe I can take some tomorrow after I charge my camera batteries.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. upcdayz

upcdayz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Hi P&B. I didn't go to the auction tonight. It's just too darn cold to do much outside of a heated house. If it's already over, though, then yes, they must have hurried through it. There have been times when that auction went past 11 - 12 depending on how much junk they have. Did you buy/sell anything?

8. upcdayz

upcdayz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Today is the first day in a long while that the chickens' waterers froze. Solid almost all the way through. My birds are smart, though. They peck at the patio window to let me know when they want something. Today it was water.

And Bill, you're right, waterers is a real word. Wish this forum spell checker had an ADD function. I have stopped using it and just risk misspelling a word, but Google still puts a red squiggly line under the misspelled words. For Pete's sake, even THAT is saying that waterers isn't a word. lol [​IMG] Oh well.

Welcome back Jan, and glad you've gotten some more chickens. I wish you luck in getting a variance.

9. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Wonderful - you are really doing great!

10. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Look at us! Raise your hand if you are complaining about the cold (my hand is raised). Remember that this time last year many of us were under record snows and undergoing near-record low temperatures. I for one seem to have a very short memory and I am not enjoying the fact that winter has decided to finally appear. My chickens seem to be doing fine though - I spread straw out for them at 3:00 a.m. Friday morning, since I knew I wouldn't have time to do it later on.

I have been too busy to check in for several days. I am, however, finding that Monster Jam trucks, Motorcross bikes, WWE wrestlers and ice hockey are much more entertaining if you are being paid to watch. I also spent two days in a room listening to speeches about heart case studies, ECGs, various blood pressure and anticoagulant drugs, etc. My saving thought was that if I suddenly keeled over from boredom, I was at least surrounded by doctors. I'm sure many of you on here would appreciate these talks much more than I - kudos to you smarties!

I have not had time yet to catch up - will see how far I get now before going to bed.

I miss my Chicken Friends! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by