***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Oh, Michael's right, we left a little after the baby chicks sold so we didn't get to watch the older birds go up. There were a lot of folks there to buy more mature birds than three days old. Sorry we didn't get a chance to visit with you, Michael, but we saw that you were pretty busy.

Congratulations, Kassaundra! Pink is pretty.
P&B, I'd like to take the chicks on a neighborhood tour and I do think they would be a hit. Most of my near neighbors really enjoyed our chicks as much as we did, but there always has to be the few .... any how, until we are fully legal, no one will know around here anyway. And besides, when I get the variance, I think I'll go for having a hive or two also!! Poco's neat newly built bee equipment looked kinda neat to me!

Cowboy, if we could PM, I'd like to "visit" a bit when you have time. Thanks.

Had a LONG conference about plasticulture yesterday-- most gardening conferences or classes I go to I feel like I walk away with something -- I barely scribbled a few lines of notes-- and the only notes I walked away with I could have gotten from a phone call to the ext agency. I did win a small fern-- at least I think it is a fern, no label or smell to it. After the conference I headed to Blanchard alone some I was already in OKC. Came in from the sale pealed DH from the couch-- got him to take off his work boots & He was back asleep, I am not even sure if he finished working on the generator last night--- nothing like a chance of winter weather to push the hubby to finish a project.

I bought some heritage RIR chicks--- I already own a few heritage & they are so much nicer looking than the production, the price was right so I snatched up the chicks. hopefully this time next yr I will only have heritage RIR --- but I won't get rid of the production RIR if the heritage lay poorly. My other heritage RIR give me 5-6 eggs each a wk-- hope these will be as pretty & lay as well. I bought an library card catalog box, it is HEAVY!!!! I plan to put seeds in it, since it is such a pretty box. tomorrow when we unload it i know i am going to get an ear full about buying something so heavy. Also bought a nice cage for taking chicks to the sale. DD hasn't seen it yet, but I am sure she will love it.
I thought the silkie cage said Roos on the cage-- but maybe people didn't pay attention. I was surprised that bought so much especially so close to the end. Prices didn't seem to be cheaper, think it was a large turn out of customers-- some cuckoo maran eggs went outrageous high, but other stuff was getting pulled for not bringing what buyers wanted. No one wanted baby pekin-- and seller only wanted $3 each. Rabbits were still going high--- Bill you should have brought yours. Auction was done about 11-- wasn't many birds, but as always lots of junk was there. Some of the prices the junk brings makes me shake my head in disbelief. But it is why people keep bringing the junk, lots of it sales for higher prices than the birds-- especially decorative chicken stuff.
According the the hourly weather outlook we have until 8pm until the winter weather arrives--- fingers crossed for a snow day.

Cowboy looks like you have a good start to a pen.
P&B I need to bring a hen to visit you--- she is as loud as a roo. She carries on when any bird sits in her box & when any bird or person looks at her if she is sitting or roosting. Promise I hear her more than I hear any of my Roos! I know most hens are quiet-- with the exception of guinea hens!!!
Jan-- I can't imagine how a chicken can be more of a nuisance than a yappy dog -- yes birds can fly- and may go over fences, but dogs & cats go over fences. Are you allowed to have parrots on OKC?? Lots of people have outdoor aviaries for their parrots. Get moderns, polish & or silkies-- pretend they are an exotic bird-- we will keep your secret safe.

I am going to try to go back to sleep-- for some reason my body thinks it took a nap. 3 hours of sleep might cause me to get cranky latter this afternoon!

Good Morning everyone. Another auction down for ya'll. Long day here yesterday~ two trips to town & lots of cleaning.

Stephine~ Good to see you! Hope you got to relax alittle yesterday also!

POCO, Nice hive & frames. Have you finished your classes?

How do they determin heritage? What are the differences from the regurlar run of the mill?

Last edited:
That is great! Birthday parties at that age are fun~

What ya gonna do today? I have company coming so I have to finish cleaning.

I need to switch a dresser around & thought I might see if I can come up with a spot out of the way to get some started..... I have a few started but not enough. I am ready to get the garden going. My son broke down Friday night & I was able to pick him up on my way in & he was happy when he got in & saw the jelly.

NanaKat~ I got seed potato's yesterday along with onion sets. I know that I have to cut them & let them dry, how early can I plant them?

I was doing pretty good til CArl's phone rang at 5:30 this morning. And he had left it in the bedroom with me.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom