***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. mjgigax

mjgigax Overrun With Chickens

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK
    Dang, I kept trying to buy that catalogue from Jim's wife but she said she would be usingt it for the sale. Do you want to sell it?

2. fairwindminishetland

fairwindminishetland Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    seminole oklahoma
    My Coop
    So sorry to hear about the skunk! That's not fun, especially in the cold. The cat cage sounds great though. Never heard of one before. BUt having worked in a vet, we sure could have used one!

The BLanchard sale sounds interesting. I live near Maude and have only gone there. There's usually lots of chickens and chicks there. I sure need some of those cages to use to take chicks to the sales!

IT's cold and no fun today hauling water to chickens and horses in the barn,breaking ice on the tanks, but we sure could use some rain. I hope everyone enjoys their day and does something warm.

3. mjgigax

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK

Hi Stephanie!

4. fairwindminishetland

Feb 13, 2010
    seminole oklahoma
    My Coop
    I had a question. When I start seeds the plants always get a fungus and die...how do you prevent that?

5. fairwindminishetland

Feb 13, 2010
    seminole oklahoma
    My Coop
    mjgigax, are you hatching and MF's....

6. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Sorry about the skunk and the cats, I have a dog that get's sprayed regularly, I think she likes it actually. [​IMG] As obnoxious as it is to bathe Sasha I can't imagine bathing a cat!

Wooo Hoo won a fern (maybe) the only thing I've ever won was a gallon jug of grape juice, back when I was a teen.

banjoe, cool coop start. A question though, did I read your going to cover w/ plastic? If so how is that going to be preditor proof?

7. m.ruzycki

m.ruzycki Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    jones/choctaw
    fairwind- you could be usin contaminated soil or you could be keeping it wet.

8. m.ruzycki

m.ruzycki Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    jones/choctaw
    good mornig okies. hope everyone is handleing the cold weather well and all our birds are as well. So far its been a good year for me. I have hatched out about 120 chicks and 20 ducklings. im having excellent hatches and no losses. Just started 2000 tomato seeds and lots of others. hope this summer treats us good.

9. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Mjgijax- for now I will hold onto the card box-- after DH moves it, he may try to tell me other wise. For such a small thing I am shocked at the weight!

Sooner the heritage RIR are a deep auburn red color- not red orange looking like production reds. As chicks they are a burnt orange not yellow like most hatchery stock.

Banjoe sorry- got caught up in the replies didn't realize that was your coop build. Looks like you are off to a good start

Cowboy- Fern isn't such a bad name-- have you been to the elementary school lately? It is rather amusing just to hear some of the names the teachers call out.

Just looked out the back door--- I use to have a few t-post holding some fence set up as a round compost bin. My compost is still there-- but the fence is gone--- asked DH what happen, says was on the mower & the blade caught the fence. He is completely dangerous when on the mower---

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  10. mjgigax

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK

Not yet. I may sell a pair at the next Newcastle. Are you still looking for some adult Cochins?
    I haven't been keeping up with all my mail very well. We still have the Buff trio. The girls are now laying. I keep meaning to send you pics..... where does time go?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by