***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. okracefan

okracefan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Blanchard
    I am always looking for some adult cochins, standard though.

2. okracefan

okracefan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Blanchard
    Anybody else not getting any update notifications in their email from BYC? Have not been getting any for the past couple of weeks. I keep "subscribing" and nothing changes.

3. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
  4. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla

congrats kass, i am sure that is something very exciting for you.

not something i am up for, but then i dont have that sort of job.

couldnt you have at least made it a blue pin? there are enough pink ones in the world now!, i think.

5. mefordz

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla
    HEY, I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK![​IMG]

wife got up about 9:30, i didnt get out till about 10:30.[​IMG]

never have been a cold weather person, more like a bear, wanna hibernate all winter![​IMG]

6. mefordz

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla

didnt know there was one. there is one next friday night at the fairgrounds, and one in vinita at their fairgrounds.

7. Poco Pollo

Poco Pollo Vista de Nada Farm

Jun 14, 2009
    Haskell, OK
    Barn kitty is dry and happy to be back out with her buddies. I haven't seen the other stinky cat. I hope she's okay. I put a tarp over the skunk. I have a few things to do today before I deal with that stinkeroo. Notice where Cassie is sitting; she's perched on a water bucket. No fear of water for that one.
    [​IMG]

8. Oakieridge

Oakieridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2012
    Lincoln Co., OK
    Well dh and our 9 year old son went to Blanchard last night and got some rabbit feeders and a cast iron tractor (for our 7 year old he loves tractors and John Deere). I had to stay home and shuttle kids to and from basketball games. We missed church today due to the cold. Our oldest daughter doesn't keep her body temp well and after her shower her finger nails were blue from cold even though the house is at 75 deg. So we skipped church so we didn't have to get her out in the cold. Now I feel like my entire day is off kilter. We got out and fed and watered everyone. My 4 week old chicks did well in the feed house with their heat lamp. We also have 6 week old chicks out there I am considering mixing them together in just one brooder but not sure if the older ones would pick on the little ones. Plus there is a huge size difference between the two batches. One is Red stars and the younger ones are black australorps.

Well gotta get out to the chickens and make sure everyone has enough hay bedding and make sure all the shelters are secure for the weather we may get tonight. Wish the weather was nicer today I want to finishe the chicken coops we have been working on.

Cathie

9. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Someone posted this on my FB thought I'd share here it shows true "Doxy tude"

[​IMG]

10. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Cathie-- as far as mixing ages I don't have much problem with them picking on each other (except a few Roos). The biggest issue I run into is when the temp drops they crowd into corners & such & the smaller ones end up dead. Lost about 6 from them tucking under the big ones & getting trampled. Your boy got a good deal on that tractor last night. Imagine it will last a lifetime.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by