***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. Langshan Man

Langshan Man Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2009
    NE Oklahoma

2. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla
    [​IMG]

i had a very hard time posting that spider, almost creeped me out!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  3. mjgigax

mjgigax Overrun With Chickens

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK
    I was going to bring both the Mille Fleur and Barred pairs to Blanchard.The Barreds are really pretty. The roo is light, like Blue Barred. (The Mille Fleurs are nice too, the pullet is a Calico, light buff).

4. Langshan Man

Langshan Man Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2009
    NE Oklahoma

I almost took a swat at it

5. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sooner, You are most welcome.
    Sooner and POCO...I have enjoyed this book on bees First Lessons in BEEKEEPING by C. P. Dadant ... so much so that when I misplaced the first copy, I bought a second. one. It is a Dadant publication and costs about $7. You should be able to find it on Amazon. I bought mine at the army surplus store at 10th and Western in OKC.

My Cochin hen Delilah always lays her egg in a nest box on the floor. Because of all her feathers the wet egg sticks to them and drys. When she gets up, if I'm not there to catch her to remove the egg, it will be somewhere on the floor. I have to check where I step when I go gather eggs. I guess I'll just have to pull a few more feathers. [​IMG]

6. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    Hey Nana congrats on the new calf! Wow what a story about the bull! I didn't know that could happen. I got me a pair of BB Red D'Anvers yesterday! They are the cutest things! First I had seen in that color. The little hen laid today and the egg was huge!

Joe that pen should help a lot with keeping some of your breeders separate. Will make careing for them a lot easier too!I guess your next project is going to have to be a hatcher/brooder building! Are you up to weekly hatches yet? How are them blues doing?

Some mentioned haveing to water several times today. I did the same thing. And gather eggs,I some orders to fill have collecting them every little bit in order to save them.

7. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    did some one say bared cochins ???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    [​IMG] i have a new hatcher

i moved into in about 2 mounths ago righ now it is full with about 2,000+ chicks i think i may need to doun size LOL

9. NanaKat

NanaKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Thanks Wayne. The bull is doing great now. You will have to post a picture of your BB d'Anvers.

Joe, Very pretty Barred Cochins!

Just saw weather report...Snow is coming!

10. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla
    anyone looking for old english, someone is advertising on craigslist about bringing ,,,,,"national show quality" birds to coweta auction.

be very wary of anyone doing this, this is not very likely to be true!

national show quality birds dont go to auctions like this except by accident or because someone doesnt know what they have.

a breeder wont be advertising 'NATIONAL SHOW QUALITY" birds either, unless they list where they have been shown, and how they placed.

if anyone can reply to craigslist add's, i would like to know who this is please.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by