***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. nnbreeder

nnbreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I stopped by and added a little to what ya'll had posted.

2. Langshan Man

Langshan Man Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2009
    NE Oklahoma
    yep all mine , just pulled another full rack from the bator and into the hatcher, lets see what happens this trip

3. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok

i hope they do better for you

i had an OOOPS in my bator forgot to move a batch to the hatcher and had chickes in the bottom of my GQF this morning woopsy i guess i had the calender marked wrong well now i have to find brooder room somehow and somwhere i gusse it is time to break out the rubermate tubs

4. mefordz

mefordz Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    wagoner okla
    test, will delete shortly.

unless it works![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Oakieridge

Oakieridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2012
    Lincoln Co., OK
    I really hate cold weather. Been out to the coops 5 times putting out fresh water. Everyone has extra hay. Really wish it would have been nice this weekend we got nothing done on the new coops.

6. mjgigax

mjgigax Overrun With Chickens

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK

Come on over!
    I researched breeds before I got my first and am very very happy with Cochins. I thought about Favarolles and still might get a couple Modern Games. My neighbor has Welsummers, Marans and Americaunas. I help him and that keeps me from getting my own LF flock.
    I have a pen of Buffs, Partridge,2 of Self-Blues, a pair of Barred and another of Mottled, a pair of nice Blacks to improve the Self-Blues, and of course lots of Mille Fleurs and one LF Buff beauty, Peaches. I didn't mean to get so many colors. I am really just breading the Mille Fleurs and Self-Blues. The Buffs are my DH's pets and the Partridges have nice pattern but I like them more for their personalities. The Mottled roo, I got to improve the Millie Fleurs and the Blue Mottled girl is just so beautiful. I think I will sell the Barred pair because I could use the room. You won't want them because the roo is mean (for a Cochin).
    What is it with Barred and Cuckoo roos? Jack had a couple of Cuckoo roosters that I couldn't turn my back on and when the started to go after his scooter he got rid of them. Anybody else have experience with ornery Barred roos or is it my imagination?

7. mjgigax

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK

My first chicks were so tame when they got big enough to go out to the pen that the fussed untill I'd sit in the pen with them. Then they would roost on my arms, shoulders and even my head. I have about 50 birds now and most aren't that familiar with now. But it doen't take long for a little individual attention and special treats to make a new friend.

8. Firefly89

Firefly89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Edmond
    Is that the pair you said you might bring to newcastle? Or were there mfs? I absolutely love the barred Cochins! I would love to take the pair off your hands =D even if he is ornery

9. mjgigax

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK

Your recipe for weak birds is wonderful. I almost tried it myself when I had the flu this week. Seriously, I have nursed 3 birds with it that wouldn't eat their regular feed but now all are fine.

10. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Aaawww, MJ, that's so sweet :) That's how some of mine are. And it's random-not necessarily the ones I raised from babies or hatched myself. The Dark Cornish I got 1/2 grown is like that, the tiny Old English Game Bantam pullet I got from Jarvis's (she loooooves people!), the de-beaked sexlinks we bought out of the back of a trailer......it's not like these particular birds were doted on and hand-raised, they just turned out ultra tame. Tamer than some of mine that were doted on and hand raised.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by