***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. Cjarvis

Cjarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Manicotti is fairly simple.. Ricotta cheese, Mozarella cheese in equal proportions, add some garlic powder, oregeno, parsley mix together. get the noodles hot but not fully cooked about 3-4 minutes in boiling water. stuff teh noodles and bake for 20 minutes. or freeze and get out when your ready for them.

2. Cjarvis

Mar 5, 2011
    betsy,
    Good to hear you are doing ok, and still making the shows. It will be good to see you again.

3. Cjarvis

Mar 5, 2011
    No problem anytime.. With this big incubator and hatcher I have some mad hatching skills.. I really think that it will hatch so long as they are fertile.

4. Allbreeds

Allbreeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2011
    Checotah, ok
    How many can you hatch per week Carl?

5. Sooner

Sooner My kids Mom!

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Glad you will be there Betsy, it's been too long.

I am plotting & scheeming........I am so ready for spring to get here! I am looking at fruit tree's again! LOL.

6. Sooner

Sooner My kids Mom!

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma

[​IMG] wait till he tells ya!

Hi Nana Kat!!!! I thought of you last night, can I do sweet relish in a water bath?

7. Cjarvis

Mar 5, 2011

Based on Incubator, hatcher, brooder space and cages I handle 3600.
    But when everything is in full swing it is now just about 400 a week that I actually hatch. It was great getting rid of all teh big birds and letting me focus more on teh bantams that like better anyway.
    the bantams I only have to raise to 1 year and can cull at several points prior to that point. test mate set asside then keep or cull based on breeding results.
    The Big birds I had to raise out to 18 months to let them finish corectly and completely, then test mate and raise them then set breeder pens.. so waiting 2 - 3 years to know which big birds I wanted to breed from was a real hassle and very costly.
    I now have much better control of what is in my pens and what changes I can accomplish by having time to focus more on teh ones that really need the work.

8. Oakieridge

Oakieridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2012
    Lincoln Co., OK
    Black Bean and Brown Rice Burgers
    Ingredients

• 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
    • 1 medium onion, chopped
    • ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
    • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1 cup cooked brown rice
    • ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
    • 1 tablespoon oil or cooking spray
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a food processor, pulse half the beans with onions, garlic powder and cumin until a chunky paste forms. In a large bowl, combine bean puree with rice and remaining beans; season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture into eight patties.
    2. Brush a baking sheet with oil or spray with cooking spray; place in oven to heat, about 5 minutes. Carefully place patties on hot sheet; bake until bottoms are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let set on sheet 5 minutes before removing.
    3. Try serving with whole wheat bread instead of buns. Use fresh leaf lettuce, tomato, and other burger fixings to make a yummy burger.

These are the best burgers ever!

9. Cjarvis

Mar 5, 2011

Everyone needs fruit trees.. I will be getting Pear and Apple as well as Black Plums this year. I think I am about to call in a favor from a friend that works for BNSF managing teh crews that work on the rails. i hope to get some RR Ties for raised beds. Its either that or go disassemble a bridge to make stephs raised beds.
    She is killing me..

10. Cjarvis

Mar 5, 2011
    that sounds interesting.. I would have to add meat though.. Maybe a double burger one meat patty and one of those.. I can keep the boys out of teh fridge with meat but vegies they are back in there in minutes..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by