***OKIES in the BYC III ***

hotcurltr

Songster
6 Years
Mar 30, 2013
Dewar,OK 74431
Everyone cross you fingers for me....I hope I'll be posting duckling pics in about 35 days. Got a muscovy hen sitting on her first clutch.
Would you be interested in a young chocolate hen and black drake. Free for the asking. I am going to cut back and only keep a few hens and try to find another drake non related. I started raising them for the meat but got over run. I have hens laying now, but am picking up their eggs. Anyone else interested please jump in, I have 29 young drakes left that are ready to process or breed. They were born in August and are breeding mothers and sisters now. They're not pickyLOL. I tried to post pictures, but it said I didn't have permission to add attachments. Oh dear. I really need some lessons on here.

Kassaundra

Sonic screwdrivers are cool!
9 Years
Sep 1, 2010
Henryetta
Would you be interested in a young chocolate hen and black drake. Free for the asking. I am going to cut back and only keep a few hens and try to find another drake non related. I started raising them for the meat but got over run. I have hens laying now, but am picking up their eggs. Anyone else interested please jump in, I have 29 young drakes left that are ready to process or breed. They were born in August and are breeding mothers and sisters now. They're not pickyLOL. I tried to post pictures, but it said I didn't have permission to add attachments. Oh dear. I really need some lessons on here.

Are you trying from a phone or a computer?

Chickenfan4life

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 28, 2012
Planet No
@lonnyandrinda , that's an adorable Spitzhauben (Did I spell that right? D:) chick. I would have quoted your post, but my computer isn't letting me quote posts...
hmm.png

lonnyandrinda

Crowing
7 Years
May 11, 2012
Coweta, OK
Thanks yes these little spitz's are adorable. I thought they would hatch with a little bit of a head fluff like some of the other crested breeds I've had but they hatched smooth, it is amazing how quickly their bump on the head formed!

Chickenfan4life

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 28, 2012
Planet No
Thanks yes these little spitz's are adorable. I thought they would hatch with a little bit of a head fluff like some of the other crested breeds I've had but they hatched smooth, it is amazing how quickly their bump on the head formed!
That's interesting. I'm always enamored with the baby polish crested chicks, and their fuzzy little head bumps.
love.gif

Tony O

Songster
12 Years
Nov 21, 2007
East of Jay, (N.E.) Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterbegone

Does anyone sell your extra eggs? If so, how much do you charge for them?

Usually from $2.00 to $2.50 a dozen, depending on the time of year and how many extras I have. I may need to go a little higher this year because of the high feed prices. I give some away to those in need sometimes too. Whatever I have left goes in the incubator. Then I keep a few, but sell most of the chicks.

BTW, A big
welcome-byc.gif
on the Okie side. Enjoy your visit.

artsyrobin

Artful Wings
12 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Muskogee OK
First thing after I let the girls out this morning, my problem barred rock hen jumped on one of my Marans and "mated" her... What in the world is going on??

Quote: ok, she is taking the place of a roo, and as far as aggressive, i will isolate. Then when you reintro if you see agression get a spray bottle of water and get her in the face, she won't know where it is coming from, just that she is getting a face of water, doesn't take many times to get the lesson learned.

well, this morning Sonny has lost 2 toenails, but otherwise doing good, poor thing

RetiredArmyWife

Songster
Nov 12, 2011
Marlow, Oklahoma
My Americana rooster finally got lucky. He kept trying and trying but they threw him off. My barred rock still wants nothing to do with him. He seems to like her best. I guess the Americauna hen gave it up too easily!

Top Bottom