***OKIES in the BYC III ***

My little spitzhabens are getting their head tufts! Two weeks old. Hoping for a pair from the 3 of them.

OMG! It doesn't get any cuter than that!! I've had my Spitz quad for 1 1/2 yrs now and still havent hatched any eggs from them. They're separated from all the others and safe in a pen, I've just kept them that way waiting and waiting for the right time. I'm always so scared something will happen to them before I get the chance to hatch their eggs. They were so skinny when I got them, their tails were eaten away by mice (that's what the lady said). I'm seriously in awe of them now because their feathers are in perfect shape and they're so chesty and chunky. I can't wait to ge back from our trip in May. I'm going to stuff that incubator full of Spitz, Araucana and Cornish eggs :-D

Everyone cross you fingers for me....I hope I'll be posting duckling pics in about 35 days. Got a muscovy hen sitting on her first clutch.
Would you be interested in a young chocolate hen and black drake. Free for the asking. I am going to cut back and only keep a few hens and try to find another drake non related. I started raising them for the meat but got over run. I have hens laying now, but am picking up their eggs. Anyone else interested please jump in, I have 29 young drakes left that are ready to process or breed. They were born in August and are breeding mothers and sisters now. They're not pickyLOL. I tried to post pictures, but it said I didn't have permission to add attachments. Oh dear. I really need some lessons on here.

Would you be interested in a young chocolate hen and black drake. Free for the asking. I am going to cut back and only keep a few hens and try to find another drake non related. I started raising them for the meat but got over run. I have hens laying now, but am picking up their eggs. Anyone else interested please jump in, I have 29 young drakes left that are ready to process or breed. They were born in August and are breeding mothers and sisters now. They're not pickyLOL. I tried to post pictures, but it said I didn't have permission to add attachments. Oh dear. I really need some lessons on here.

Are you trying from a phone or a computer?

Thanks yes these little spitz's are adorable. I thought they would hatch with a little bit of a head fluff like some of the other crested breeds I've had but they hatched smooth, it is amazing how quickly their bump on the head formed!

Thanks yes these little spitz's are adorable. I thought they would hatch with a little bit of a head fluff like some of the other crested breeds I've had but they hatched smooth, it is amazing how quickly their bump on the head formed!
That's interesting. I'm always enamored with the baby polish crested chicks, and their fuzzy little head bumps.
love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterbegone

Does anyone sell your extra eggs? If so, how much do you charge for them?

Usually from $2.00 to $2.50 a dozen, depending on the time of year and how many extras I have. I may need to go a little higher this year because of the high feed prices. I give some away to those in need sometimes too. Whatever I have left goes in the incubator. Then I keep a few, but sell most of the chicks.

BTW, A big
welcome-byc.gif
on the Okie side. Enjoy your visit.

First thing after I let the girls out this morning, my problem barred rock hen jumped on one of my Marans and "mated" her... What in the world is going on??

Quote: ok, she is taking the place of a roo, and as far as aggressive, i will isolate. Then when you reintro if you see agression get a spray bottle of water and get her in the face, she won't know where it is coming from, just that she is getting a face of water, doesn't take many times to get the lesson learned.

well, this morning Sonny has lost 2 toenails, but otherwise doing good, poor thing

Back
Top Bottom