***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I will post pics tomorrow. I'm so glad your Jubilee made the cut! I kept two new ones. Unbelievably, from my very first hatch, ALL were girls. No joke. I kept them for 12 weeks because I kept thinking one MUST be a boy.

bow.gif
Now you're just bragging…..Seriously tho, I want whatever super powers you have.

Thank you NanaKat. I couldn't decide which way to set them. When I rotate them tonight I will put the big end up. I didn't add any water yet because the humidity started at 45% and went up to 55% and I thought that was high enough.

I just thought of something. When I rotate the eggs there will be times when the big end is down. Right? How else would I rotate them. I guess I could have them leaning right then at rotation make them lean left. Is that enough movement? I don't know maybe I'm in over my head.

I use an egg turner during incubation and then the cartons for hatching. Once the eggs are set for hatching, I don't rotate them. I want the chick to stabilize in the egg in prep for hatching.

I will post pics tomorrow. I'm so glad your Jubilee made the cut! I kept two new ones. Unbelievably, from my very first hatch, ALL were girls. No joke. I kept them for 12 weeks because I kept thinking one MUST be a boy.

:bow Now you're just bragging…..Seriously tho, I want whatever super powers you have.

I think you have to sprinkle the eggs with pullet dust to get an all girl hatch. I know it improves the percentages.

I'm thinking Jeansrie may come up with some really nice frizzles.  She has a gorgeous splash showgirl roo and a beautiful sizzle hen.  I'm sure she'll keep an eye out!

Yes I just got my first baby from them over the weekend with many more in the incubator, I'm really looking forward to them!!

Had to share this pic of my little chicken lover with Elsa, our 14-week old orpington - she is the sweetest thing!

How do you tell if something is stealing your eggs I was getting 4 or 5 a day but lately I have only been finding one or none so eather my hens are on strike or something is stealing them

Please post a picture of the Oe with the weird comb! I'm wondering if my single comb from you also lays an olive egg. I feel like I'm getting more olive eggs than I should. But I've been paying less attention than usual.

And my jubilee is 1 of the few chickens to make the final cut. She's just incredible.

Olive a Egger comb.

On all pullets...talked to someone today who took five chicks from the same hatch...all girls. I believe it had something to do with something I did during incubation. That was winter time and I was having a difficult time getting better than 60% to hatch! had a lot of quitters at 19 days. I don't know what I did, but the quitters must have been boys. Makes me sad either way to lose so many chicks.

I am paying for it now...I seem to be getting a lot of boys. Out of 6 Lavender Orps I have either purchased as chicks or hatching eggs, I have 5 boys. Cuckoo Orps...3 out of 4 boys. I think my Isabels are 50/50, so the stars must be back in alignment.

How do you tell if something is stealing your eggs I was getting 4 or 5 a day but lately I have only been finding one or none so eather my hens are on strike or something is stealing them

Maybe try leaving one out there. If it disappears, you know something got it. If it stays, the hens are probably molting.

Awe!!!

I found where I planted my blue salvia- it didn't make it.  :(  Are you coming to the Coweta auction this week?  I can get it from you there.  I really want some it is so beautiful!  It was so hot when I finally got it planted, it kind of limped through the summer but didn't survive the winter.

I won't get to come to Cowetta till June :(
I teach school. I am temped to leave from school and head that way though. If I leave East OKC at 3:30 I would get to Cowetta at 6;30, hmmmmmm......It is a possibility.

My salvia is coming  like crazy this year. I will be able to pot up several new plants. I bought one gallon plant about 5 years ago and from that I have 2 large areas that grow into big bushes every year and have shared with several people. 

I would love to get a start of that also if possible. Could you mail it to me? I live out by Keystone Lake, West of Sand Springs.

Olive a Egger comb.

On all pullets...talked to someone today who took five chicks from the same hatch...all girls. I believe it had something to do with something I did during incubation. That was winter time and I was having a difficult time getting better than 60% to hatch! had a lot of quitters at 19 days. I don't know what I did, but the quitters must have been boys. Makes me sad either way to lose so many chicks.

I am paying for it now...I seem to be getting a lot of boys. Out of 6 Lavender Orps I have either purchased as chicks or hatching eggs, I have 5 boys. Cuckoo Orps...3 out of 4 boys. I think my Isabels are 50/50, so the stars must be back in alignment.

Yep, same as the comb on mine and I'm definitely getting an olive egg from mine. I did a lot of chicken stalking today. Ha!

Did my first dry lockdown (added no water all 21 days) and all 11 eggs hatched! I'm amazed. And today I was walking by 1 of my non hatching incubators and heard chirping so I ran to check my Calender and I have some 10 eggs that were supposed to go in lockdown on Tuesday. Oops. I've been incredibly preoccupied. Anyway, moved them to hatcher-here's hoping they have time to position themselves for pipping. I'm expecting lavender ameraucanas and sizzles if anyone's interested. I'll make a great deal on anything that hatches- I just need to move chicks. My last batch I hatched 1 egg from our bantam OE over SFH roo. The chick is soooo adorable I'm thinking about keeping it-plus it has a pea comb so I should get green eggs right? Downsizing is the pits.

Yep, same as the comb on mine and I'm definitely getting an olive egg from mine. I did a lot of chicken stalking today. Ha!

Did my first dry lockdown (added no water all 21 days) and all 11 eggs hatched! I'm amazed. And today I was walking by 1 of my non hatching incubators and heard chirping so I ran to check my Calender and I have some 10 eggs that were supposed to go in lockdown on Tuesday. Oops. I've been incredibly preoccupied. Anyway, moved them to hatcher-here's hoping they have time to position themselves for pipping. I'm expecting lavender ameraucanas and sizzles if anyone's interested. I'll make a great deal on anything that hatches- I just need to move chicks. My last batch I hatched 1 egg from our bantam OE over SFH roo. The chick is soooo adorable I'm thinking about keeping it-plus it has a pea comb so I should get green eggs right? Downsizing is the pits.

I like hearing news like this! I just started my first dry incubation yesterday. Hoping for the same results!! I would totally take some lavender amerucana though I really don't need anymore chicks. :)

Back
Top Bottom