***OKIES in the BYC III ***

How are the CX doing?

They are doing well, active, growing. They live in the "nursery / naked" area w/ that flock and except for how they look they are no different then any other chicken in the group. Something that surprised me is they actively look for food even w/ given food out in the eating areas.

They are doing well, active, growing. They live in the "nursery / naked" area w/ that flock and except for how they look they are no different then any other chicken in the group. Something that surprised me is they actively look for food even w/ given food out in the eating areas.
That's awesome. Mine are forming two groups: those that are active and hang out with the Easter Egger chicks and those that eat, poop, and sleep.

Nana this is my set up. No incubator thermometer.

Added meat thermometer

Fancy digital. wow the humidity is up. There is no water in the pan.
That was my first incubator 30 years ago. Ahh... the memories.

I did a lot of hatches in our round metal incubator. We used a wet bulb and dry bulb thermometer with the min/max temp gauges.

That was my first incubator 30 years ago. Ahh... the memories.

I did a lot of hatches in our round metal incubator. We used a wet bulb and dry bulb thermometer with the min/max temp gauges.

I'm not familiar with wet/dry bulbs. Where could I get it, and would it work better for this incubator? I like my hens to do the hatching for me, but don't have the time, material and $$$ at the same time to build separate broody pens. I've had 3 hens that hatched out baby's that haven't made it this year. I may kick the not quite grown bantams out and put my broodys in there.

So is poops defunct?
sad.png

Pretty much. There were a few attempts at a gathering (not called poops) more on the eastern side Coral mostly organized them, but there hasn't been a "poops" in several years.

Anyone with duckling chicks??? I have one lonely baby that hatched and needs a friend -
Aww! We had a wild mallard couple in our backyard pond all spring. Female was swimming there with 14 babies for 2 days at the beginning of this month. I think our kids may have scared them off because she hasn't been back with her chicks since those 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom