***OKIES in the BYC III ***

An update on the chick w/ the compound wing fx.
The week this happened I was swamped at work and not feeling well, so had decided not to do anything to repair it, just wait until the little one got ill and cull. But it never got sick, it has continued to thrive. The long intact bone has disappeared the short jagged one is still there, no infection or problems. Here are some pics from a few minutes ago.

My mom and I are scratching our heads trying to figure out what's going on with the runty barred rock I gave her a few weeks ago. The first 2 weeks, she seemed to be doing ok. I gave her Jinx because I thought she'd fare better with slightly younger flockmates. She still hasn't made much gains in growth, and for the past week, she's been acting depressed. Mom says she's still eating and pooping fine, just acting a little lethargic, skipping out on treats sometimes, and losing a little bit of feathers. She's isolating herself when she can. I offered up the possibility that she's getting ready to lay, as she's 20 weeks, or maybe the change of season has her feeling out of sorts. She and my stepdad looked her over for signs of illness, and haven't seen anything particularly concerning apart from her behavior. She's not getting bullied either. She has plenty of room, and gets to free range often. Anyone have any ideas what could be going on, or maybe know of something that could perk her up?

Is there anyone still on here when poops was still active? Or is poops still active???!!!! Thank y'all

Several of us, me, NanaK, Poco pollo, OklaDD, Betsy, and I'm sure more I am forgetting off the top of my head. There have been a few gatherings, but no official POOPS in several years.

My mom and I are scratching our heads trying to figure out what's going on with the runty barred rock I gave her a few weeks ago. The first 2 weeks, she seemed to be doing ok. I gave her Jinx because I thought she'd fare better with slightly younger flockmates. She still hasn't made much gains in growth, and for the past week, she's been acting depressed. Mom says she's still eating and pooping fine, just acting a little lethargic, skipping out on treats sometimes, and losing a little bit of feathers. She's isolating herself when she can. I offered up the possibility that she's getting ready to lay, as she's 20 weeks, or maybe the change of season has her feeling out of sorts. She and my stepdad looked her over for signs of illness, and haven't seen anything particularly concerning apart from her behavior. She's not getting bullied either. She has plenty of room, and gets to free range often. Anyone have any ideas what could be going on, or maybe know of something that could perk her up?

She may have learned her place in the pecking order and not be getting bullied anymore because she stays out of the way and off to her self. MAYBE. Also you could try a little sugar water to perk her up. My mom saved a pup once from shooting Karo syrup down it's throat. Odd but it worked to give it the energy to get up and suckle. It was going to just lay there and wither away.

When was she wormed last?

Got our first egg today.

@NanaKat Eh, all of the sudden yesterday she was fine. I brought my mom some BOSS for her, and she seemed perky again. We came up with the possibility she went through a juvenile molt. I read a really helpful article about it. I had no idea that chicks can go through at least 2 molts before all of their adult plumage comes in. I guess I just never really noticed it much with my other birds because it seemed like they were always losing feathers.

Back
Top Bottom