***OKIES in the BYC III ***

New to chickens. We got six chicks on 05/30 (and have gotten two more since then, whoops!) I was very excited to not only find this site but an Oklahoma specific forum to ask questions. Because I'm sure I will have a lot haha.

It's been ages since I've been on the thread. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe in the Oklahoma heat and mugginess. I've got some laying hens and guinea keets available if anyone is looking for hens already laying and keets about a week old. I've got mostly pearl and a few lavender. I've got American Guinea hogs available too. Hubby just bought me a new horse, and she's due to arrive late next week. I'm downsizing other animals to be sure I have adequate time to care for everyone. And barn cats: I've got a litter of kittens looking for new homes.

Attachments

• 1338 three.jpg
    1338 three.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4842.jpg
    IMG_4842.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 3
New to chickens. We got six chicks on 05/30 (and have gotten two more since then, whoops!) I was very excited to not only find this site but an Oklahoma specific forum to ask questions. Because I'm sure I will have a lot haha.
Oh yes! The questions will come. Congratulations on your brand new flock, and the beginning of a new experience.

The questions are certainly already here haha. Would it be ok to put my chicks outside? I have two 9 week olds and six 5 week olds. The 9 week olds have all their real feathers but my littles are still working on it. Our coop will be ready this weekend so I'd love to get them in it. But I don't want to put them out too soon.

The questions are certainly already here haha. Would it be ok to put my chicks outside? I have two 9 week olds and six 5 week olds. The 9 week olds have all their real feathers but my littles are still working on it. Our coop will be ready this weekend so I'd love to get them in it. But I don't want to put them out too soon.
The 9 week and 5 week olds should be okay with a properly secure coop at night. They don't have an older hen or rooster to role model self protection behavior.

It's been ages since I've been on the thread. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe in the Oklahoma heat and mugginess. I've got some laying hens and guinea keets available if anyone is looking for hens already laying and keets about a week old. I've got mostly pearl and a few lavender. I've got American Guinea hogs available too. Hubby just bought me a new horse, and she's due to arrive late next week. I'm downsizing other animals to be sure I have adequate time to care for everyone. And barn cats: I've got a litter of kittens looking for new homes.
Good to see you Coral! Beautiful horse and flock.

Back
Top Bottom