***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Quote:Speaking of presents. I have three for you.
    They are frizzly all over except on their necks.

2. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Hey Carl, I was looking at your website. Everything looks so good. When do your fall tours start? [​IMG]
    Maybe we should have a Parade of Poultry Places like the Parade of Homes tours. [​IMG]

3. Grace'sDad

Grace'sDad Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Southwestern Oklahoma
    Just got back from a shopping trip with my wife and Grace but I am here!

[​IMG]

4. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Me and Dave(coop101) are here.....

looks like we lost Flash the tame guinea, dave found her under feathers and a few tail feathers....

[​IMG]

the others are staying close to the nest, and i have 4 of those eggs under the silkie, so hopefully one of them is Flash's...[​IMG]

5. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Quote:Keep your fingers crossed. One of my coral blues disappeared this wk. Found bunches of feathers in 2 spots. Yesterday he was outside the pen waiting to come in. He looked awful. I can see flesh in several spots. Wasn't making a sound he was just standing there never seen a guinea look so sad. He is talking & eating as normal today. I will keep him penned for a few weeks to give him time to heal completely.

6. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Quote:Thanks Cuban. I was guessing they would show somewhere! Just need to figure out what category & how many opportunities she would have to show. Also how much driving I would be doing to get to shows!!

How is the pup doing? Did he come home or stay at the vet for treatment? My sister & some of my rental tenants both had dogs make it through parvo. We were not as lucky with parvo.

7. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Quote:Keep your fingers crossed. One of my coral blues disappeared this wk. Found bunches of feathers in 2 spots. Yesterday he was outside the pen waiting to come in. He looked awful. I can see flesh in several spots. Wasn't making a sound he was just standing there never seen a guinea look so sad. He is talking & eating as normal today. I will keep him penned for a few weeks to give him time to heal completely.

oh i hope you are right!!! she was raised in the house and was finally accepted by the outside flock- but still liked being held....[​IMG]

8. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    Quote:You know tours are open year round with no admission for poultry addicts, unless they are attempting to recover.. But I think that would be a nice idea, share pen, cooping, breeding experience, what does and does not work etc.

9. NanaKat

NanaKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

We're here too

Set up the coop and pen yesterday and put the BLRWs together for the first time with Jarvis Roo. They will stay in this pen to get to know each other while I finish the bigger coop for them. They checked out each other, the new coop and one of the hens (the splash) christened the nest box with one of her eggs. They have a mister snake set up to help keep the air cooler too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jarvis was crowing this morning and the girls were on the nest when we left for the auction. Jarvis has been strutting for the ladies and attempted his duty today.

Oh, It was a cattle auction in Cushing..they did have a few chicken feeders...the old fashioned galvanized metal ones. Someone bought all three. And it was HOT! the first 10 bales of hay went for $140 a bale....she bought 10. Then the rest ...97...bales went for $117 a bale. He bought all of them. We went to bid on a hay trailer...it went for $4100....we didn't buy it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  10. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    Quote:It looks like they are settling in well, the little roo, is looking better and appears to be starting to fill out. It will take him a little time to figure out how to do his job but should have it worked out by middle to end of Sept. when it starts to cool back off some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by