***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Elbert...nice gate and rooster bell. You have a thoughtful friend.
Kennym99. Welcome and good luck with your hatch.
Kass...you are very industrious!!! Hope you didn't overdo.
Even with my best efforts to thwart my broodies, five hens are sitting on eggs. One who refused to make the move to the brooder room is sitting in a cage...on her eggs. I moved all the girls to the brooder room into nests with their eggs yesterday and watched to make sure they settled over their eggs. I was setting up the breeding pens and would have preferred the girls were in pens with mates.
You have to love broodies. Two of them start screaming at me when I come in the brooder room. When one starts, they all puff up and either scream or growl when I start feeding those bantam pairs in cages. Makes me laugh every time I go in there.

I have one on eggs too. I'm hoping like anything that some of them are fertile. I don't know how I'll break her otherwise, or if I'll have to get her some babies.

Made chicken faitas for supper tonight and they were the best I've made in a long time. Where is the smiley that pats itself on it's back when you need it?
cool.png

I candled the eggs my silkie's been setting. All five are fertile. MJ, that little roo I got from you guys is amazing! Middle of the winter and every single egg was fertile. And that was after I'd pulled him out for a week to go into his show cage! Whoo hoo!

Today while I was working in the yard I was about 20 ish feet from my neighbors shared fence, and Tucker my doxy was at the fence giving David (my neighbor) what for, barking up a storm like he was a dobie. Well David had bent over and was trying to coax Tucker to let him pet him, in doing so his wallet fell out of his shirt pocket hitting Tucker on the head ................................ all of Tucker's fierce bravado vanished in a second he instantly turned and made a bee line for his moma's lap. (me) I was sitting on the ground at the time working on the weeds around the fig tree.
lau.gif

Today while I was working in the yard I was about 20 ish feet from my neighbors shared fence, and Tucker my doxy was at the fence giving David (my neighbor) what for, barking up a storm like he was a dobie. Well David had bent over and was trying to coax Tucker to let him pet him, in doing so his wallet fell out of his shirt pocket hitting Tucker on the head ................................ all of Tucker's fierce bravado vanished in a second he instantly turned and made a bee line for his moma's lap. (me) I was sitting on the ground at the time working on the weeds around the fig tree.
lau.gif
I love your story. There's potential for a series of Tucker books there : )

Making a slow start today. We gave finals Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm grading papers and nursing a raspy, sore throat. Half my students were coughing, sneezing, or complaining of head and tummy aches this week. I've taught "sneezing into your elbow" and "how to use hand sanitizer wisely" in addition to the core standards this year. Maybe I should have used more visual aids.
sickbyc.gif

Making a slow start today. We gave finals Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm grading papers and nursing a raspy, sore throat. Half my students were coughing, sneezing, or complaining of head and tummy aches this week. I've taught "sneezing into your elbow" and "how to use hand sanitizer wisely" in addition to the core standards this year. Maybe I should have used more visual aids.
sickbyc.gif
Sounds like you need to be wearing disposible gloves while you grade papers.

Back
Top Bottom