***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Spent some time reading post I have missed. Was awful to hear of an owl attack & Kass can't imagine you given up your pretty roo. Just consider him living art for your yard.
I am sure there are a few other things I wanted to mention, but all other thoughts have left me, I can blame it on the pain meds.
Where in the world is Mitzi???? Did I miss her post?
He has a great home w/ TonyO now, ladies of his very own putting those awesome genetics to good use. He is beautiful and I would have considered keeping for yard art, except I live in town and have a small flock so I (my neighbors, and the hens) can only handle so many boys at a time. If I lived in the country I would have never parted w/ him.

Christina, Happy to hear you are doing well! Losses are hard on children...your DD's loss was hard because she loves her birds.

OklaDoodleDo, So good to hear from OU and you need to post some pictures of those new birds. When will you be headed back to Oklahoma? Nice to hear that Teach is doing well in Texas...I miss his posts too.

Mjgigax, glad to hear you had no losses from those high winds. We were lucky too.

Kass, we survived the Mayan event too. I have another broodie cling by her nails to the nest box so I put her in. Cage with pen eggs dated 12/21/12 to begin the new Mayan millinium.

Just wanted to pop in and say Thanks for the responses to my flock pictures. A few of them I was able to identify, just from the reading on different sights.

Yes, I only have one roo. It is a Cookoo Maran. The first 3 chickens I got that I know what they are is the Cinnamon Queen (sexlink), Rhode Island Red cross (her legs are blue) and the Silver Laced Red Wyandotte.

I was sooooooooooooooo disappointed on Thursday as I only got ONE egg from the WHOLE BUNCH! Usually my 3 Amigos (the first 3 that I got) lay everyday. Then Friday I got 5, then today got 7! One is a blue so one of the Americauna or EE is now laying. Hubby is putting up some temporary (winter time) corregated metal on the West and North sides of the coop today. May put some on the South, but am going to leave some space at the top for ventelation.

I have another question!
idunno.gif
Can anyone tell me the ratio of Unpasturized Apple Cider Vinegar to water? I want to start giving them that once a month just for precautionary measures. I haven't been able to find it in the feed stores, but low and behold.......I was at Walmart today and they now are carrying the Unpasturized ACV!!!!! I was so shocked, but glad. I've read several places about the benefit of doing this, but no where does it give me the ratio. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Calling for 1"-2" of snow here for Christmas. That's what I like, just some cover but not 2' of the stuff!!!!

You all have a very Merry Christmas if I don't see you before then. Be safe on the New Years, since we all didn't disipate on 12-21-12!!!! lol
May God Bless each and every one of you!

I did it again!!!!!!! My rooster is a Cookoo MaranS! I know to put the s but for some reason I don't do it then it slaps me in the face when I re-read the post!

One of my hens I am thinking is at least part Cochin. She has feathers on the outside of her legs and feet. Her legs are black. I'm not sure at the moment what her comb looks like, but I could go look. Does this sound logical or are there others that have feathered legs and feet?

Thanks again

I did it again!!!!!!! My rooster is a Cookoo MaranS! I know to put the s but for some reason I don't do it then it slaps me in the face when I re-read the post!

One of my hens I am thinking is at least part Cochin. She has feathers on the outside of her legs and feet. Her legs are black. I'm not sure at the moment what her comb looks like, but I could go look. Does this sound logical or are there others that have feathered legs and feet?

Thanks again
Yes, marans, silkies, favorelles are a few off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom