***OKIES in the BYC III ***

? have some friends that lost everything in elreno tornado all but one bird killed . I am going to keep the hen for them. Should I quaranteen her in sick bay or just separated in coop brooder so she has some company. Thanks!

Could use some help finding the owner for this 9 x 12 drawing that was found in our Meeker pasture after the tornado that hit the Shawnee, Bethel and Twin Lakes area in May. It is a pencil portrait dated 1987 and I think the signature is Baugh. It could possibly be a junior high or high school art project.
There are a couple of organizations working to reunite people with photos and mementos... at least one facebook group is here: https://www.facebook.com/MementosFromMooreOk and another one here: https://www.facebook.com/MooreOklahomaLostAndFound you might try posting it there.
Rinda, those two sites are for Moore, but it is possible the drawing could have traveled that far.... Okieridge, I would appreciate that help. We also found bank records for the Steeleman water program. I think tat was at the trailer park. Jcatblum, wasn't aware of Arvest bank and Dental Depot providing the service....

? have some friends that lost everything in elreno  tornado all but one bird killed . I am going to keep the hen for them. Should I quaranteen  her in sick bay or just separated in coop brooder so she has some company. Thanks!

If it were me, I would quarantine her for at least 3 weeks. The tornados winds stirred up a concoction of dirt and debris from soils and buildings that could harbor some bad stuff. That is why people clearing debris are advised to wear heavy gloves. People working on site following The Joplin tornado several years ago developed a fungus in cuts that resulted in several deaths. Watch in particular for any respiratory issues that can be affected by stress. That little hen has been thru it and is lucky to have a caregiver while her family recovers.

Back
Top Bottom