***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hot and humid today. Spent the morning going through old art supplies at work. Looks like I'm 3/4 of the way finished. One never knows what another thinks is valuable. How many old, used, paint-encrusted plastic butter tubs must one keep? Maybe they ward off dragons and hippopotamuses. I know I've never seen either menace on campus. Maybe I was wrong to throw them away

Picked up a couple of kitties from Robin's place. They are adorable! John agreed that they could stay in the pantry, for now, and we'll see if he's allergic. Cats, surprisingly, aren't on his list of irritants. Dogs and rabbits are, though. Rabbits... not ferrets. I don't know why I thought ferrets were a problem.

Jo DO NOT let my 11yr old son see your bantam OEs!!!! He does not need anymore but those are beautiful!

Took a picture of Kurt's new hatch. He hatched him in a old round metal incubator we bought last year. He set 8 eggs and this was the only to hatch so what else could I do but go to Atwoods and buy some pullets for him to grow up with. Not sure I will let him keep him or not but so far he is a good boy.

I think he has 3 or 4 more that the Broodys hatched out so need to see if he will sell those we can't keep everything here in town lol.

Kass I am glad you posted those onion pics. I have one growing in my iris bed and thought it was an odd looking iris lol

Jo DO NOT let my 11yr old son see your bantam OEs!!!! He does not need anymore but those are beautiful!

Took a picture of Kurt's new hatch. He hatched him in a old round metal incubator we bought last year. He set 8 eggs and this was the only to hatch so what else could I do but go to Atwoods and buy some pullets for him to grow up with. Not sure I will let him keep him or not but so far he is a good boy.

I think he has 3 or 4 more that the Broodys hatched out so need to see if he will sell those we can't keep everything here in town lol.

Kass I am glad you posted those onion pics. I have one growing in my iris bed and thought it was an odd looking iris lol
Odd iris but pretty onion

There is a flower in the onion family that is grown as a flower not onion, I believe that is one, but can't remember the name.

Last edited:
Any of you poor jealous souls over the raspberries, this fall I will have berry vines that could be moved, from the bed I dug them from this past fall, I missed many roots and they are all coming up from where I had dug the bed "free" of raspberries.
Kassaundra your very generous. I'd love to add some raspberries to the farm. We lost a lot in the last couple of summers. Luckily we're not worried about the blackberries since they're wild and were fortunate to have a lot, when they get the rain. I could probably take a few folks picking this year.

Poultry & Small Animal Auction
June 8, 2013 at 5:00 pm
Hwy 59 North of Jay,Oklahoma
For information call Claud at 918-791-4113
"does anyone know about this auction?"

I've been there twice. I think it's worth going to. A lot of poultry related stuff takes close to the 1st hour. Then eggs and baby chicks.
jumpy.gif
Then the poultry and small animals. There has been a nice selection whenever I went. You will need to bring your own cages to haul anything you get because they don't usually sell with the cage. I'm thinking of going to this again this Saturday myself.

If it were me, I would quarantine her for at least 3 weeks. The tornados winds stirred up a concoction of dirt and debris from soils and buildings that could harbor some bad stuff. That is why people clearing debris are advised to wear heavy gloves. People working on site following The Joplin tornado several years ago developed a fungus in cuts that resulted in several deaths. Watch in particular for any respiratory issues that can be affected by stress. That little hen has been thru it and is lucky to have a caregiver while her family recovers.
city like Joplin compared to country rural between union city and elreno . I see your point I think she can live in the small tractor I think I,ll sacrifice a meat bird for company thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom