***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Galamycin has always worked well for me. Hope the EE begins to heal.

Was wondering if my chickens will eat beat pulp. Think I will try to rehydrate some in electrolytes & see if they like it. So hot out my chickens are taking over the holes the dogs dug out to stay cool.

non chicken question guys- what is the best flea control around here? my dogs are just eaten up, tried a few things and think the fleas are immune

We use DE. Spread it around the yard, work it into their fur, add it to their food, sprinkle it under the couch cushions and in the carpets. When we had a bad infestation I mopped the floors 3x/wk with fennel tea and gave the animals fennel baths followed by DE treatment.

We use DE. Spread it around the yard, work it into their fur, add it to their food, sprinkle it under the couch cushions and in the carpets. When we had a bad infestation I mopped the floors 3x/wk with fennel tea and gave the animals fennel baths followed by DE treatment.
the only issue with DE though is it gets rid of the good bacteria as well.. you could always do wood ash. I have been giving my dog ACV in her water for about a month now. it has helped quite a bit. as well as bathing her every 10 days with puppy oatmeal flea and tick shampoo from sentry. we have not gotten any of the drops for the dog yet. the sentry naturals for the cats did not work at all what so ever. and we cannot bathe the cats unless we would like to die. soo they are just chillin with out any product currently and seem to be doing just fine. but the Dog was getting eaten alive, she isnt getting eaten as bad, but she still has fleas as well. so still trying to find a nicer way of doing things than the chemicals.

Is there as anything as a momma having too many chicks?
I am saying this because they have hatched out 9 chicks and still have 9 more eggs to go! They are an oegb and a Cochin. The chicks are Cochin oegb polish and silkies.

I have witnessed a mama hen raise 12 of her own plus 25 hatchery chicks (37 total) and only lost two. Mama and babies were seperated from the flock and fed exclusively chick starter and greens.

I am saying this because they have hatched out 9 chicks and still have 9 more eggs to go! They are an oegb and a Cochin. The chicks are Cochin oegb polish and silkies.

Where are you getting injectable gallimycin? I need this for my new birds I got.
No I am using injectable Tylan 50 and powdered Gallimycin in her water. Yesterday I started also rubbing some triple antibiotic cream in and around her eye. I thought she wasn't doing any better, but today is the first day she's been able to open her eye- so maybe she will recover after all. Still think she will lose at least some eyesight in that eye. There is nothing in the eye, sometimes just a little white watery infection, but it all seems like swollen tissues when I hold her eye open to look. The eyeball itself seems swollen, too.

Here she is today (Day 4 Tylan shot given this morning)-

This is what it looks like when she opens the eye:

Adorable!

No I am using injectable Tylan 50 and powdered Gallimycin in her water. Yesterday I started also rubbing some triple antibiotic cream in and around her eye. I thought she wasn't doing any better, but today is the first day she's been able to open her eye- so maybe she will recover after all. Still think she will lose at least some eyesight in that eye. There is nothing in the eye, sometimes just a little white watery infection, but it all seems like swollen tissues when I hold her eye open to look. The eyeball itself seems swollen, too.

Here she is today (Day 4 Tylan shot given this morning)-

This is what it looks like when she opens the eye:

Adorable!
do you know of the chicken chick?
https://www.facebook.com/Egg.Carton.Labels.by.ADozenGirlz?hc_location=timeline

her roo has a similar problem maybe, there might be some helpful info for you she still dosen't know what it is for sure yet he is at the vet's office.

Back
Top Bottom