***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I am getting Langshan eggs!!!! DH finally relented he actually said it would be cool to walk outside to a giant chicken.

There is a Blanchard auction this Saturday but you know how much junk is there.

Not sure what your looking for as far as sop standards or what not, but I will have some extra NN roos. Not sure yet how many, what colors the chicks are only 1 week and the others still cooking, and if your wanting to make show girls I might even have a spare one that already has Fm gene (dark skin). What ever color is visible in mine will be a mix genetically and I am not npip, but my flock is healthy, I cull for ill health and failure to thrive.
Thanks, I know you have a healthy flock. No I just want some showgirls. I don't even care about standards. I The NN are really growing on me, butI can't have umpteen roosters, like I do hens and pullets. Everything u talked about genetics is greek to me. I have a lot to learn I know. I know I just like haveing an eclectic flock and love everyone of them. But who can resist your pictures. They look different than other NN I've seen. When I went to the OKmulgee Auction looking for a goose, There was a box of NN chicks, so tiny, no warmth and prety sick. I wanted them so bad, but knew better. It's tough on me losing any and by disease I'd probably end up in a nut house with all the worry. If I know what I'm dealing with I probably would do much much better mentally. The chick that died was meant to Glenn said. He was surprised it passed quality control and was even shipped.

@hotcurltr this is Floyd. This picture does him no justice at all.

Last edited:
Thanks, I know you have a healthy flock. No I just want some showgirls. I don't even care about standards. I The NN are really growing on me, butI can't have umpteen roosters, like I do hens and pullets. Everything u talked about genetics is greek to me. I have a lot to learn I know. I know I just like haveing an eclectic flock and love everyone of them. But who can resist your pictures. They look different than other NN I've seen. When I went to the OKmulgee Auction looking for a goose, There was a box of NN chicks, so tiny, no warmth and prety sick. I wanted them so bad, but knew better. It's tough on me losing any and by disease I'd probably end up in a nut house with all the worry. If I know what I'm dealing with I probably would do much much better mentally. The chick that died was meant to Glenn said. He was surprised it passed quality control and was even shipped.
I got a Blue Partridge Showgirl pair last Friday at Coweta. I have a 2 yr. old Blue hen from OKBetsy and I adore her and thought I would like another hen because they are so friendly and are excellent broodies and Mamas.
There were no solo hens for sale at Coweta so I bought the pair thinking I would resell the roo. But now I love the roo too and will just have to figure out a new pen arrangement. When I went to the auction I made a deal with myself - no birds that I don't have a pen for. Ha!
I don't know what it is about them. They sure are unconventional and ugly in the classic sense. They have such big eyes; curious and almost expressive. I better take some pics
I think I even want a NN hen,(dark skin), for my free-range flock.

I don't usually post the sunset pics here, just on the sunset thread, but tonights was so pretty thought I'd share here too, these were taken w/o flash for the dramatic lighting.

I got a Blue Partridge Showgirl pair last Friday at Coweta. I have a 2 yr. old Blue hen from OKBetsy and I adore her and thought I would like another hen because they are so friendly and are excellent broodies and Mamas.
There were no solo hens for sale at Coweta so I bought the pair thinking I would resell the roo. But now I love the roo too and will just have to figure out a new pen arrangement. When I went to the auction I made a deal with myself - no birds that I don't have a pen for. Ha!
I don't know what it is about them. They sure are unconventional and ugly in the classic sense. They have such big eyes; curious and almost expressive. I better take some pics
I think I even want a NN hen,(dark skin), for my free-range flock.
its hard not to fall for them- i think you are right its those eyes of theirs- this pair that was from betsy, they have those incredibe eyes

its hard not to fall for them- i think you are right its those eyes of theirs- this pair that was from betsy, they have those incredibe eyes

I agree. After seeing yours in person I was already smitten, I have a few pics of Dwight in the compost pile when I was trying to get pics of the hens last week or so. I'll see if I can attach them and try

to take some good ones tomorrow

@hotcurltr this is Floyd. This picture does him no justice at all.

I enlarged it and he is gorgeous. Yes, I 'd like to have him, if the offer is still good. I can throw another pen together pretty fast. Has he always been healthy since you've had him. I usually quarantine in a stall in the barn. It's kinda of lonely chicken wise, but I could put him in a cage in the house if that would be better. If you think he's pretty healthy and you've already quarantined him once, should I eveen do it again?

A few chick pics from today 8 days old

Is the different colored skin what u were talking about? They are so cute and fuzzy. I've never seen any quite like these. They are exquisite.

Back
Top Bottom