***OKIES in the BYC III ***

@Ksane I like that set up alot. That's a really good idea. Will he always be the only bunny in there? Do you think hens are more likely to be unkind? Also it looks like your pen has a ton of shade. I'm totally jealous! Our new place has so little shade near the house which is where the coops will be. We will be transplanting some of our bushes but its still not gonna be great. I am going to do metal roofing over a portion of it tho. Oh and our bunny is a rex, between a mini and regular. :) My sister randomly showed up one day with 2 "girl" bunnies. :rolleyes: He's the only one we kept from the parents that we also rehomed.

It's got tin roof panels on it, that's whay it's shaded. There's a small section around the tree that has welded wire across the top instead of roof panels. After I get his brother and the doe altered I'll try to get them paired up so everyone has someone to live with. the only reason I wouldn't trust the hens in the layer yards is there's so many of them lol If one started pecking him he'd be shredded in minutes :rolleyes:

Mitzi have you tried sprouting for your buns????   Mine will knock you over for them, they can smell them from across the pen and start having complete fits to get to them.

There's a fodder group on Facebook I joined awhile back. I actually just found unprocessed Barley last week in Stillwater. I've had so much else to do I haven't started it yet. There's a bucket method on YouTube I was wanting to try but your sock method might actually work better. I'm really anxious to start it! If i can just get a day to myself without interruptions.

Well, today was the day. I promised myself I wouldn't set any more eggs until I knew I was willing to deal with extra roosters. I am, did. Now, I'm looking forward to tasting chicken like I haven't had since I was a kid at my grandma's.
I've always said if we had to make our own bread every week we probably wouldn't gorge on it. Same goes for chickens apparently. I appreciate them. :)

Last edited:
Well, today was the day. I promised myself I wouldn't set any more eggs until I knew I was willing to deal with extra roosters. I am, did. Now, I'm looking forward to tasting chicken like I haven't had since I was a kid at my grandma's.
I've always said if we had to make our own bread every week we probably wouldn't gorge on it. Same goes for chickens apparently. I appreciate them.
smile.png

Congrats!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom