***OKIES in the BYC III ***

New updare on my DIL
sad.png

UPDATE- KEEP YOUR PRAYERS COMING. TEMPERATURE, HEART RATE AND BPM HAVE JUMPED UP. DOCTORS ARE TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS CAUSING IT. NOT SURE IF IT'S AN INFECTION KICKING IN OR IF IT'S PNEUMONIA. PLEASE DONT GIVE UP PRAYERS YET!!! YOU'RE PRAYERS ARE KEEPING US GOING. KNOWING HOW MANY PEOPLE PULLING FOR US IS SUCH A GOOD OVERWHELMING FEELING. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. REALLY HOPE THEY FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON.
We are all behind yourself and your DIL!

That article was dated May 17. The city council put the restriction back in so chickens are out in OKC.
As for Luther... Folks on water back road have chickens ...we bought some cages from there. Luther police Department would know.

Seeing the doctor next Wednesday about the results from the MRI to discuss surgery options on the shoulder. He will aspirate the knee after seeing the results of the bone scan...should help for now so maybe no surgery on the knee...yet.

Still working on the list. But will have several Cochin/Wyandotte x pullets and cockerels. Some look more Cochin and a few look more Wyandotte.
There are also some really nice Buckeyes..both pullets and cockerels....might group them as trios.
Will try to post some pictures.....

Hope all goes well with your doctor visits. Fingers crossed for no surgery! I would be interested in a trio of the Buckeyes. They are such neat chickens. And maybe a few of your pullet crosses.

Thanks! And prayers for good news Wednesday.

I am so mad. I thought the Checotah auction was on the last Friday of the month, but since they are having it tonight, I guess it's the 4th Friday of the month. I guess I need to check more often. I had been planning on taking about 30 roosters, Now I have to wait 3 more weeks until the Okmulgee auction.
he.gif
These roosters need to go. Any takers? Free. Pictures tomorrow and advertising, though most people don't have much luck w/ roosters.

I am so mad. I thought the Checotah auction was on the last Friday of the month, but since they are having it tonight, I guess it's the 4th Friday of the month. I guess I need to check more often. I had been planning on taking about 30 roosters, Now I have to wait 3 more weeks until the Okmulgee auction.
he.gif
These roosters need to go. Any takers? Free. Pictures tomorrow and advertising, though most people don't have much luck w/ roosters.
Diana, how soon do they need to be out of there? You're north of Henrietta? I'd take half of them to practice caponizing on but you're about 2 hrs from me and I really don't want that much of a drive :-(

New updare on my DIL
sad.png

UPDATE- KEEP YOUR PRAYERS COMING. TEMPERATURE, HEART RATE AND BPM HAVE JUMPED UP. DOCTORS ARE TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS CAUSING IT. NOT SURE IF IT'S AN INFECTION KICKING IN OR IF IT'S PNEUMONIA. PLEASE DONT GIVE UP PRAYERS YET!!! YOU'RE PRAYERS ARE KEEPING US GOING. KNOWING HOW MANY PEOPLE PULLING FOR US IS SUCH A GOOD OVERWHELMING FEELING. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. REALLY HOPE THEY FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON.
Have been praying for you and your family...........Trust God

New updare on my DIL:(
[COLOR=141823]UPDATE- KEEP YOUR PRAYERS COMING. TEMPERATURE, HEART RATE AND BPM HAVE JUMPED UP. DOCTORS ARE TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS CAUSING IT. NOT SURE IF IT'S AN INFECTION KICKING IN OR IF IT'S PNEUMONIA. PLEASE DONT GIVE UP PRAYERS YET!!! YOU'RE PRAYERS ARE KEEPING US GOING. KNOWING HOW MANY PEOPLE PULLING FOR US IS SUCH A GOOD OVERWHELMING FEELING. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. REALLY HOPE THEY FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON. [/COLOR]

Prayers coming!

Diana, how soon do they need to be out of there? You're north of Henrietta? I'd take half of them to practice caponizing on but you're about 2 hrs from me and I really don't want that much of a drive :-(
There's no set date. I just think it's cruel leaving them locked up and they are terrizing my hens. How young to they have to be. Kass, bless her, is going to take some, but not all are old enough to process. And I would be willing to meet somewhere. Dewar and Henryetta are acrually side by side.

We got a little good news today. Our sons test for Cushings came back negative. Yeah. Unfortunately I woke up sick and have lost my voice entirely. Bet my hubby is secretly greatful. Lol
Yeah, great news.

I have a sick hen and don't know what's wrong. I was out checking about a half hour ago and she was on the floor instead of the roost. I don't think it's an impacted crop, but maybe a broken egg inside, or egg bound. Whatever it is, hasn't been going on long enough for her comb to get pale. It's still bright red and her eyes move around and watch, but she can't get up. It's not a respitory thing. Her poop is yellow, so I need to start looking up things. Any ideas? She's not my Bumpers, but close as she is a hen out of my first chickens, my Light Brahmas and the only one who survived the pred attack out of that breed. Well her mother did, but she died mysteriously and on a Saturday so I couldn't send her in. Anyone have any ideas?

There's no set date.  I just think it's cruel leaving them locked up and they are terrizing my hens.  How young to they have to be.  Kass, bless her, is going to take some, but not all are old enough to process.  And I would be willing to meet somewhere.  Dewar and Henryetta are acrually side by side.

Yeah, great news.

I have a sick hen and don't know what's wrong.  I was out checking about a half hour ago and she was on the floor instead of the roost.  I don't think it's an impacted crop, but maybe a broken egg inside, or egg bound.  Whatever it is, hasn't been going on long enough for her comb to get pale.  It's still bright red and her eyes move around and watch, but she can't get up.  It's not a respitory thing.  Her poop is yellow, so I need to start looking up things.  Any ideas?  She's not my Bumpers, but close as she is a hen out of my first chickens, my Light Brahmas and the only one who survived the pred attack out of that breed.  Well her mother did, but she died mysteriously and on  a Saturday so I couldn't send her in.  Anyone have any ideas?  

Let's see where we could meet, ok? Shawnee is a little over an hour from me (I'm just south of Guthrie). How far is it for you? They can be any age to caponize, up to 3-4 months is relatively easy to do although my success rate is only about 75% living through surgery. I'm trying to perfect the method Poco uses with the thread, which would enable me to do older roosters, that's why I want some to practice on. If an artery is accidentally nicked they do pass very quickly, most in seconds. How old are the boys?
I bet your hen is egg bound. I spent 45 min the other night with a hen in the kitchen sink in nice super warm water relaxing her. Most of the time they pass the egg in the water. This hen didn't after that long so I put her in a crate in the living room. By morning she'd passed a huge soft shelled egg. She couldn't even stand when I brought her in, I thought she was going to die. The next morning after she'd passed the egg I put her back with her group and she was running and dust bathing. When they're egg bound they act real weak, won't walk or stand, just keep squatting usually. Get her into some real warm water up to her neck. Hold her head up, they get so relaxed they'll slip down into the water otherwise. Just talk to and keep running more warm water.

Back
Top Bottom