***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Thanks everyone! My dad found him at a friends tonight. We're still not sure what is going on. We're going down tomorrow to find out and see what can be done. At least he's safe and I can breathe again. Being a parent never ends. The worries just change with time.

Thank heavens! So glad to hear- I was checking in one last time before bed to see if you had word!

Still learning to navigate here. Wanted to say Hello to our fellow Okies ! We have had chickens for about 15 months now and next week we will put our first eggs in the incubator, super excited!

wee.gif
welcome-byc.gif
hatching your own eggs is so exciting! What breed (s) are they?

Erinszoo, I'm so glad your son was found safe and sound. Depression and autism both are challenges for any family on their own, so I can only imagine that combined they must weigh awfully heavy on a loving parent's heart. My prayers are for your son to find his way through this storm to the peace of mind on the other side, and for you to have the strength to weather this storm with love and understanding and patience, because I know how difficult it can be to lift those qualities above the anxiety and hurt. And in case you're one of those moms who is afraid to be less than Supermom when it comes to these situations, it's okay for you to acknowledge your own pain in this situation to yourself and to your friends. You open the pressure valve with friends, relieve the pressure, and wade back into the storm supported by love and prayers.

Do you guys know of any factors that contribute to meatspots in eggs? I have a couple of hens that have them, and my Marans eggs are pretty bad. She has gorgeous eggs, and I'd like to hatch a couple, but I don't want more bloody streaked eggs.

@lonnyandrinda are you hatching out ameraucanas at all right now? I might be interested in a few chicks if you're going to Shawnee next week….I love the black specifically.
smile.png
But really they're all gorgeous

welppppp this morning i witnessed something that only roosters do coming out of my silkie's throat. now all i have is roosters. aren't i a lucky girl?

i want to keep him but one of my mixes has to find a new home. any one interested?

i am having a hard time telling them apart obviously but i think that this one is a boy. i have another one just like him but with more orange and a "tucked in" tail.

Last edited:
Do you guys know of any factors that contribute to meatspots in eggs? I have a couple of hens that have them, and my Marans eggs are pretty bad. She has gorgeous eggs, and I'd like to hatch a couple, but I don't want more bloody streaked eggs.
It does tend to be inherited and Marans are known for them. You'd have to start over with lines known for being free of the problem to be sure of clear eggs.

@lonnyandrinda are you hatching out ameraucanas at all right now? I might be interested in a few chicks if you're going to Shawnee next week….I love the black specifically.
smile.png
But really they're all gorgeous

I would if I was getting any eggs. :( Even on high protein feed I haven't gotten ANY eggs since September from either hen. They'd better start soon! I do have two more up and coming pullets that will be laying soon.

It does tend to be inherited and Marans are known for them. You'd have to start over with lines known for being free of the problem to be sure of clear eggs.

I would if I was getting any eggs. :( Even on high protein feed I haven't gotten ANY eggs since September from either hen. They'd better start soon! I do have two more up and coming pullets that will be laying soon.

Well phooey! My cochins are the same, Id love to hatch out a few from them but the only bantam I have laying is a dark brahma. Anyway, let me know when laying picks back up. Id love eggs or chicks.

Yes especially now that they know where dinner is. I would do both shut the door at night and put out traps. If you or your husband are handy you could make an automatic chicken door, there are many designs that are do it yourself if you google or you tube search you can find a lot of ideas.
wow i didn't know you could make some your self thanks i will look it up.

frow.gif
Hiya Gang!! I will never be able to read all the posts I have missed LOL I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still a kicking and miss you all I am downsizing quite a bit getting ready to retire as of March first will probably upsize again after I figure out how things are going to be after I get used to not having the full paychecks anymore,

is there still an auction in Newcastle and at Blanchard? I need to run a ton of cages and such to them if so. I am going to try not to be as much a stranger even if I am a stranger LOL I do see a lot of new faces on here thats awesome indeed,

Back
Top Bottom