***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Any eBay shoppers out there? I got an e-coupon to triple my eBay bucks, so I used the coupon when I replaced my old Brinsea with a GFQ Genesis. My Brinsea quit working and couldn't be repaired. Sure do miss the set-and-forget convenience. Now I'll be able to use the auto turner I had with an old, old Styrofoam incubator. Plus, I'm itching to try my new quail racks. My day is improving.

Kelly - Thought you might like to have a letter from your boys. I transcribed the best that I could.

Dear Momma,

We're here at Camp Capon for a couple of weeks. Just thought you'd like to know that we miss you. The camp director is a little nutty. She makes her iphone wear a leather book jacket. We sampled the lettering on the case and found it unsatisfactory: shiny but without flavor. We sampled her rings, too, which made her drop her phone, which is how we got to sample the letters on the cover. Um, yeah. Everything is okay, though. The phone missed the water bucket by a good five inches.

We're getting some good exercise here. The roost is low so we can hop up, hop down, hop up, hop down, hop up, and hop down and we don't even get tired. The camp director watched us for a little while and then told us we could rest because we were making her tired. See what I mean about nutty?

The food here is okay. The pellets are average, about what one would expect at a chicken camp. The cracked corn was a nice touch. Thanks for sending it. Here's a snap of me right before the ring sampling. The other pic shows our cabin and the mess hall. We'll write to you tomorrow during quiet time. Love you.

~ The Boys

love.gif
Cute!

Quote:
Awwww, I LOVE IT!!!! I miss them. I'm sure Galyumpkin and Sunshine don't, though, since there's only one more little boy left in the pen with them now. Love that picture of Phtheven! So... are they being as snuggly with you as they are with me?

Any eBay shoppers out there? I got an e-coupon to triple my eBay bucks, so I used the coupon when I replaced my old Brinsea with a GFQ Genesis. My Brinsea quit working and couldn't be repaired. Sure do miss the set-and-forget convenience. Now I'll be able to use the auto turner I had with an old, old Styrofoam incubator. Plus, I'm itching to try my new quail racks. My day is improving. Kelly - Thought you might like to have a letter from your boys. I transcribed the best that I could. Dear Momma, We're here at Camp Capon for a couple of weeks. Just thought you'd like to know that we miss you. The camp director is a little nutty. She makes her iphone wear a leather book jacket. We sampled the lettering on the case and found it unsatisfactory: shiny but without flavor. We sampled her rings, too, which made her drop her phone, which is how we got to sample the letters on the cover. Um, yeah. Everything is okay, though. The phone missed the water bucket by a good five inches. We're getting some good exercise here. The roost is low so we can hop up, hop down, hop up, hop down, hop up, and hop down and we don't even get tired. The camp director watched us for a little while and then told us we could rest because we were making her tired. See what I mean about nutty? The food here is okay. The pellets are average, about what one would expect at a chicken camp. The cracked corn was a nice touch. Thanks for sending it. Here's a snap of me right before the ring sampling. The other pic shows our cabin and the mess hall. We'll write to you tomorrow during quiet time. Love you. ~ The Boys
Oh my goodness those roosters are gorgeous

Last edited:
Quote:
And they're the most snuggly, cuddly, loveable little bundles of potential roodom you could ever meet! Which is why they're getting caponized. Because I just can't think of other outcomes for them.

Yes, I have 4 of them. I have 2 males

The year that bad tornado hit Moore, we had a male peacock get blown onto our street. We've taken care of him with feed, but I can't catch him and he has zero shelter. He is currently covered in snow and shaking, and i still can't catch the crazy thing.
Start feeding him broken up animal crackers and call him by name. We had one show up the morning after the tornado also.then after you get him hooked lure him in to a shed or something with the crackers. Ours fell in love with an old banty roo and followed him into the pen...he has a girl feiend now. They also love cat food and it provides protein. Good luck!

Always, always, always close up the coops before it gets dark! I know this. I almost always do this. Tonight, however, I chatted with DH over a nice dinner, chatted over coffee, and ambled out without a flashlight at eight to collect eggs and count heads before shutting doors.

One egg in the first tractor. "Thank you NN ladies."

Tromp, tromp, tromp. Creaky hinge. "What's that? Is that you, Tommy? Whatcha doing in the nest box? Creaky hinge. Tromp, tromp, tromp.
"Whatcha doing, Honey?"
"I need a flashlight. I reached in to collect eggs from the big tractor and touched fur. Tommy may have become an egg thief."
"Take your phone."
Tromp, tromp, tromp, tromp. Click. Creaky hinge. "Holy Moly! Get out of that nest box!" Creaky hinge.

I found my empty live trap, propped it in the opening of the chicken tractor, and talked the skunk down out of the nest box. I raised the floor, secured it, and then used my classroom voice to convince the skunk to go into the live trap. Once inside, I released the trap door. I put tin against the coop, and under the trap, and then set a big iron mail box on the live trap. I got some bailing wire from the barn and secured the back of the trap. That should hold her until I get home from work tomorrow. This will be skunk number three in as many months. A big black one, bigger than our terrier, skulked around at the periphery of the yard light. He watched me trap his girl and then made a run for the north fence. I'll set another trap tomorrow to get him out of the cafeteria line. I took a video while I was moving the skunk into the live trap. It's taking forever to download. Maybe by tomorrow I can post a few clips of my skunk misadventures.

Last edited:
Any eBay shoppers out there? I got an e-coupon to triple my eBay bucks, so I used the coupon when I replaced my old Brinsea with a GFQ Genesis. My Brinsea quit working and couldn't be repaired. Sure do miss the set-and-forget convenience. Now I'll be able to use the auto turner I had with an old, old Styrofoam incubator. Plus, I'm itching to try my new quail racks. My day is improving.

Kelly - Thought you might like to have a letter from your boys. I transcribed the best that I could.

Dear Momma,

We're here at Camp Capon for a couple of weeks. Just thought you'd like to know that we miss you. The camp director is a little nutty. She makes her iphone wear a leather book jacket. We sampled the lettering on the case and found it unsatisfactory: shiny but without flavor. We sampled her rings, too, which made her drop her phone, which is how we got to sample the letters on the cover. Um, yeah. Everything is okay, though. The phone missed the water bucket by a good five inches.

We're getting some good exercise here. The roost is low so we can hop up, hop down, hop up, hop down, hop up, and hop down and we don't even get tired. The camp director watched us for a little while and then told us we could rest because we were making her tired. See what I mean about nutty?

The food here is okay. The pellets are average, about what one would expect at a chicken camp. The cracked corn was a nice touch. Thanks for sending it. Here's a snap of me right before the ring sampling. The other pic shows our cabin and the mess hall. We'll write to you tomorrow during quiet time. Love you.

~ The Boys

you missed your calling! you need to write childrens books!! love it!

Back
Top Bottom