***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Yes, I want to share it here. I can't quite follow what you've suggested, but I could forward the email to someone who could probably then post it here???

I wastold Eprinex is the best for mites. Can anyone verify that for me? The mineral oil works great on legs. I haven't had leg mites, but I like to help keep their legs from being so hard a scaley and mineral oil does th trick. Also Kyzmette had said a long while back that peppermint works well on mice. I had a bigger mouse problem this year w/o all the ducks I
d had. Bought peppermint oil at the health food store($22.00 a bottle) it's got to be cheaper somewhere. Anyway it works . Cotton balls and little pieces of cloth in the coop. It smells so good and the mice leave. Anyway, the mites have been my first problem this year, so I need to get a jump on them. I have emptied one of the coops(which the chickens can't understand) and am putting new roosts and cleaning it from top to bottom. It seems to be the only one that I've had chickens come out w/mites, but I'll treat them all. Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

We were under a tornado warning (no tornado on the ground at that point), but Vashi, who is sure he would sense a tornado, refused even to put outdoor clothing on. By the time I got ready to do something, the tornadic part was past-- hitting the ground just past us. Our daughter's place is in the direct path, and 'though I finally reached her (didn't know if she was on her way home), she was sheltering in their small bath because she couldn't get into their storm shelter. She was trying to call her husband. Her home phone at first rang, then said all the circuits were busy, now says it is out of service. Haven't heard anything else from her or her husband, whom we were not able to reach.

We've had hail between ping pong and baseball sized, 'though there weren't many pieces of that size. One of our skylights is broken and we're sure we have roof damage.

Very worried about not hearing from our daughter--not even on her cell phone, nor her husband's.

Last edited:
Just clouded in here, nothing yet. Glad it missed you Betsy, fingers crossed for your daughter, I bet it is just over use of the circuts why you can't get through.

Back
Top Bottom