***OKIES in the BYC III ***

We are fine here in Newcastle. Poor folks in Moore - same spot. Maybe they should just make 119th a giant strip of park. Do we have any folks in Tulsa? They got I much worse.

We are fine here in Newcastle. Poor folks in Moore - same spot. Maybe they should just make 119th a giant strip of park. Do we have any folks in Tulsa? They got I much worse.

I'm south of Tulsa, we have been having lots of wind and strong rains, no hail though. Based on the doppler it looks like we will get round 2 though in a little bit. It was pretty scary up around Inola a few hours ago, but that's calmed down now.

Tornado in Sand Springs took out 50 mobile homes and killed 1. All of Sand Springs is out of power.

This was shared on facebook of the Sand Springs tornado.

Last edited:
Anyone knows where I can get some tie cord?

Reposting this for you...surely someone uses tie cords for game roosters....

Hey guys, brinsea is having a sweepstakes to win an octagon advance enter here http://bit.ly/1DTHyz5

Be careful signing up for this ...read the terms closely before you click on enter.....you may also be signing up for a contract subscription with Votigo for use of the advertising site...with credit card charges monthly for its use.
Brinsea should have this contest on their own site rather than thru a secondary site.

Last edited:
This looks like the pic from Facebook Channel 2 showed earlier; it's a fake. The SSprings tornado was not nearly that well-formed from her report. I cannot understand why people do such things! Forgive me if that was an actual picture of it, but it looks like what our news caster showed.

It's a terrible situation in any case.

So good to hear from our own and that they are OK. I have a lot of friends in Tulsa. I think by far the worst of it was in Sand Springs. Vashi will see how his shop fared when he goes in to work tomorrow.
His shop is on Charles Page Boulevard, which was hit hard, but we think its a ways from him.

Last edited:
Quote: It seems that the pic is a fake, but regardless, tornadoes are terrifying!
The tornado went just past a friend of mine's house, he didn't get much damage. We had the sirens go off out where I live and the tornado was reported around the airport according to my dad (or maybe I misheard) but nothing serious has happened to us.

Like @lonnyandrinda said, I think we're supposed to get round 2 here in a little while!

This looks like the pic from Facebook Channel 2 showed earlier; it's a fake. The SSprings tornado was not nearly that well-formed from her report. I cannot understand why people do such things! Forgive me if that was an actual picture of it, but it looks like what our news caster showed.

It's a terrible situation in any case.

So good to hear from our own and that they are OK. I have a lot of friends in Tulsa. I think by far the worst of it was in Sand Springs. Vashi will see how his shop fared when he goes in to work tomorrow.
His shop is on Charles Page Boulevard, which was hit hard, but we think its a ways from him.

No, that pic is the real deal. The fake that is making waves across facebook is this one.

FAKE.

My friend posted on facebook tonight that she was RIGHT THERE when the tornado touched down. Terrifying! Gabe is her grown son.

"Just want to thank God me and Gabe are alive! The tornado was heading straight towards our house and I called Gabe and told him to run to the ditch. I drove as fast as I could down 412 to get to him but saw the tornado as I came over the hill on the highway. I had nowhere to go. Before I knew it wind blew me off the road and baseball size hail pounded the car. I looked up and a semi flipped across the road in front of me. The donut shop across from me was completely gone and two cars went over the embankment. Meanwhile Gabe was soaked and pelted with hail in the ditch. He was soaked everywhere except the front of his shirt where it is printed "do you believe"."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom