***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Olive a Egger comb.

On all pullets...talked to someone today who took five chicks from the same hatch...all girls. I believe it had something to do with something I did during incubation. That was winter time and I was having a difficult time getting better than 60% to hatch! had a lot of quitters at 19 days. I don't know what I did, but the quitters must have been boys. Makes me sad either way to lose so many chicks.

I am paying for it now...I seem to be getting a lot of boys. Out of 6 Lavender Orps I have either purchased as chicks or hatching eggs, I have 5 boys. Cuckoo Orps...3 out of 4 boys. I think my Isabels are 50/50, so the stars must be back in alignment.

My Olive Egger, From a Blue Copper Marans roo and a Blue Ameraucana hen, has slate legs with feathers, and a shape like an Ameraucana and has the color of a good dark blue in both breeds. She has orange hackles of a Blue Copper marans roo but she has a nice big blue beard and a pea comb. I don't have any good pics of her yet but I will get some.

I have 4 Ameraucana hens in with my Marans roo and they are laying well. I plan to hatch quite a few to sell in fact 4 OE chicks have hatched today.
wee.gif

Two Blue Copper Marans chicks have hatched too but the first to hatch was a Chocolate Orpington!!!!! That egg was the first egg I got from the Chocolate pullets while they were still in quarantine. Hope the rest of the hatching season is this promising.
jumpy.gif

I would love to get a start of that also if possible. Could you mail it to me? I live out by Keystone Lake, West of Sand Springs.

I will do! It may be a week or two till I get to digging them up but I will be glad to share with anyone. They are both beautiful and easy to grow. I've got a picture somewhere -

I want a chocolate! I am growing out a black boy split to lavender and chocolate, so bred to a lavender (apparently the ONE I'll have) should/could produce one for me, as well as black and lavender.
My Olive Egger, From a Blue Copper Marans roo and a Blue Ameraucana hen, has slate legs with feathers, and a shape like an Ameraucana and has the color of a good dark blue in both breeds. She has orange hackles of a Blue Copper marans roo but she has a nice big blue beard and a pea comb. I don't have any good pics of her yet but I will get some.

I have 4 Ameraucana hens in with my Marans roo and they are laying well. I plan to hatch quite a few to sell in fact 4 OE chicks have hatched today. :weee  
Two Blue Copper Marans chicks have hatched too but the first to hatch was a Chocolate Orpington!!!!! That egg was the first egg I got from the Chocolate pullets while they were still in quarantine. Hope the rest of the hatching season is this promising.:jumpy

I'm thinking Jeansrie may come up with some really nice frizzles. She has a gorgeous splash showgirl roo and a beautiful sizzle hen. I'm sure she'll keep an eye out!

I am so tempted! Everyone remind me my pens are all full for this year. maybe I can tell myself that that is a project for next year.

Love all the pictures! Beautiful babies...both human and animal!

Had to move a set of eggs and chicks from a broody Delaware bantam hen to the hatcher today. . She was new to being a mom and was roughly kicking the chicks out of the nest to protect her eggs from the squirming things. The two chicks were dry but cold, eggs were pipping or just ready to pip when I candled before putting into the hatcher.
Will move the hen and chicks in the morning in with another broody Delaware bantam who is also hatching babies. She has raised chicks and I hope they both raise the chicks that are hatching. I'm hoping the first time mom gets better with a good example.

Back
Top Bottom