***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Sorry for the bad hatch. I wonder what is going on w/ the hatches this year??? Broodies are having issues w/ it to not just incubator hatches.

This last weekend's hatch was a doozey for me, too.  Lots of Dead In Shell chicks- in my CABINET incubator that keeps temp and humidity like a rock.  The really weird thing?  Lots of deformities in the hatched and unhatched ones- missing eyes, crossbeaks, umbelical hernias, etc.  Way more than I normally see.  Across several breeds.  Typically I would say it was caused by temperature issues, but I *know* the temps were perfect, and they hatched RIGHT on time.  So I guess I just wait and see if this next hatch is just as bad.  :(

Interesting...I had my first cross-beak in this hatch. Lets keep our fingers crossed for a better outcome on the next one!

I've been reluctant to let my Broodies hatch any eggs since I have such good luck with my incubator, but this is Daisy and she's done a great job for a first timer! I think she hatched 7 out of 12.

That's great! First timers don't always get it right. I think they often mistake their hatching/newly hatched chicks for mice. The four babes I got from you are all growing and filling out well. They are beautiful! I tried to get a couple I thought might be cockerels, but as of now, it's looking like they're all pullets. Still to early to be certain, and
who'd be disappointed with all pullets rather than all cockerels?

Sorry for the bad hatch. I wonder what is going on w/ the hatches this year??? Broodies are having issues w/ it to not just incubator hatches.
Oh and the weirdest one which was a nonhatcher had no eyes and an exposed brain. Freaky!

I've been reluctant to let my Broodies hatch any eggs since I have such good luck with my incubator, but this is Daisy and she's done a great job for a first timer! I think she hatched 7 out of 12.
Adorable!

That's great! First timers don't always get it right. I think they often mistake their hatching/newly hatched chicks for mice. The four babes I got from you are all growing and filling out well. They are beautiful! I tried to get a couple I thought might be cockerels, but as of now, it's looking like they're all pullets. Still to early to be certain, and

Haha as always! When you WANT a nice cockerel you get ALL PULLETS!

That's great! First timers don't always get it right.  I think they often mistake their hatching/newly hatched chicks for mice. The four babes I got from you are all growing and filling out well.  They are beautiful!  I tried to get a couple I thought might be cockerels, but as of now, it's looking like they're all pullets.  Still to early to be certain, and

How funny! I have 6 I have been growing out, as of right now they all look like girls, too - we'll see, might be late bloomers!

Looks like you got a good number of NN out of that hatch also! Mine has black skin but a pink neck. Ever have that happen?

Looks like you got a good number of NN out of that hatch also! Mine has black skin but a pink neck. Ever have that happen?

My roo is a NN also - I actually live in town but like him so much I hide him in my backyard. He has nice black skin for a NN silkie and so far has been producing the same. If they are an earlier generation of turken/silkie cross they will have skin that's more pink. I've been getting a few chicks with pink toes, and I hatched all my breeders and they didn't have that problem - hard to tell where genetic stuff pops up sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom