***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I'm going to start butchering some roosters this week after I finish putting compost and straw around all my peppers and tomatoes. Some of them I will pluck but the majority will be skinned and quartered. I keep the fat with the bird for the flavoring when slow cooking.

I'm doing rabbits this week, today actually

I just received an order of eggs from Muddy Feathers Farm in Arkansas. They arrived in less than 24 hours, packaged perfectly, and tons of extras! :ya Also they are a "no kill" hatchery and feed non GMO, chemical free feed! I'm pretty impressed!

Fingers crossed for lots of little welsummer babies soon :)

The weather's a little nicer today. My first free-range group spent their first hour hunting crickets in the part of the yard that hasn't been mowed.

Artsyrobin - Oreo is doing well with his group. He visited the older ladies (the laying hens Shasta rooms with) and called to them when he found a couple of crickets. Oreo's group is younger, and shy, so they hang back when other groups are out.

Anyone w/I about 50 miles of Henryetta have day old chicks (or very close to day olds) for sale. Have very dedicated broodies who didn't hatch any of their eggs.

Are Keets Turkey's? I have lots of little chicks, but we have just started the Turkey's and they are the best with the Grandkids so sweet and friendly. I would love a couple of Toms and a couple hens if you have them.

Went to my buddies yesterday to get instructions for chicken sitting while he goes on vacation and walked into this with him

Big dog I'm guessing. 19KIA, 4 MIA and located 13 for 1 to die later of stroke
1f622.png

No such thing as an overbuild

Back
Top Bottom