***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Oh my!!! I got a new phone and for THE LONGEST TIME, I couldn't get this site to recognize me or change my password! I am BACK!!!

I hope all are well. There is no way I'm reading everything I've missed. My update...lots of predators, sold all but 1 Jubilee pullet, excited for my Creles, have olive eggers, Crele Orp/CCL mixes, and a few IsbarXBreda (cause I want to know what that looks like and lays) in bators and under broodies right now.

Have been watering the garden. Had a rabbit eating my purple hull peas...little cotton tail. I've cleaned out beds and removed some hiding places...hopefully the little furball moves out of my garden!

Several of my chicks being raised by the Cochin can squeeze thru the chain link fence around the garden and are busy scratching up the empty beds and feasting on the fallen pears and peaches.
They run to me when I enter the garden to see if I will give them a split tomatoe....so cute!

My September 1 hatch is already flying out of their shells. The black hens will be getting babies tomorrow night and I'll move her eggs to another hen who hasn't been sitting as long.

Have been watering the garden. Had a rabbit eating my purple hull peas...little cotton tail. I've cleaned out beds and removed some hiding places...hopefully the little furball moves out of my garden!

Several of my chicks being raised by the Cochin can squeeze thru the chain link fence around the garden and are busy scratching up the empty beds and feasting on the fallen pears and peaches.
They run to me when I enter the garden to see if I will give them a split tomatoe....so cute!

My September 1 hatch is already flying out of their shells. The black hens will be getting babies tomorrow night and I'll move her eggs to another hen who hasn't been sitting as long.
Speaking of Cottontails, I was in the chicken run the other day as the chickens were free ranging, and in through the gate comes a cottontail. I didn't move as he eased his way over the the feeder, and had a good helping of laying pellets, then, turned and went back out the gate. Beat all I ever saw.

Back
Top Bottom