***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hey Guys! Haven't been on here in what seems like forever.

Any Okies into Rhodebars now? Got a project roo looking for a good home.
He is a cross of my Rhodebar Roo & heritage Rosecomb Rhode Island Red hen.

I am in SouthWest Oklahoma (near Chickasha) if anyone is interested in him.
I wanted to offer him here 1st in case someone would like to use him for a project.

I have 1 grown pair I may part with soon.

Hi there! I'm new to BYC and having chickens in general. I get my chicks on Feb. 2 - they are Black Australorps and I am so excited!

I live in Yukon with my family. Just wanted to introduce myself!

Hey any chicken hatcherys in oklahoma, needing pullets, new to the group, so far love it!
welcome-byc.gif
Glad to see a new member!

So my DH made this duck house for me for my two call ducks but it needs a door so I can close them in at night to keep them safe any ideas on how I might make a door? .
Use 2 U bolts from the hardware store. as hinges for the door. I like to use a metal rack from an oven as the door. It allow ventilation but is still very sturdy.. ..drill holes for the bolts..and use nuts to hold the U bolts in place.
you could use two 1 x 2 pieces of board on the outside of the coop held in place by screws thru the metal from the inside...to anchor the door open and closed
When you think outside of the box....Oven racks and refridgerator shelving make great window screen framed in like a window. Several wired together make a portable pen...I'm an old re-habber.

:welcome  Glad to see a new member!

Use 2  U bolts  from the hardware store. as hinges for the door.  I like to use a metal rack from an oven  as the door.  It allow ventilation but is still very sturdy.. ..drill holes for the bolts..and use nuts to hold the U bolts in place.
 you could use two   1 x 2  pieces of board on the outside of the coop held in place by screws thru the metal from the inside...to anchor the door open and closed
When you think outside of the box....Oven racks and refridgerator shelving  make great window screen framed in like a window.    Several wired together make a portable pen...I'm an old re-habber.

That is a really good idea also...Thanks so much for the ideas everyone

Last edited:
Hey all. Used to frequent this thread (reading mostly) but I've been out for awhile. We've lost 13 hens and a rooster over the past month (bold Coyotes and our dog ran away). Was wondering if anyone had a rooster and some hens for sale? If you do, feel free to PM me or shoot me an email at [email protected].

Haven't been on in a bit--had several pages to catch up on. Anyone going to the Canadian Valley Poultry Show in Norman, February 6? Their show is fairly new, but they do a really good job. Hope to see some of you there.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day...after 1 of four dr appointments this week, we got to spend time with the dogs in the Ranger checking the cows that are due to calve. Also saw a small hawk fly up from beside a Wyandotte pen with a vole in its clutches...good hawk...leave my chickens alone!
A cage of quail escaped on Tuesday. Caught most of them in the barn. The dogs pointed one out in the garden so he was added back to the cage.
The birds are really back to laying! 30 eggs yesterday.
Another dr appointment this morning and then when we get back, I'll clean cages.

Got to love the weather today... It's got more of my girls laying...

I'm heading to the guy rose auction in Stillwater tomorrow morning to see what I can come home with!!
Anyone else been there?

Hey Guys! Haven't been on here in what seems like forever.

Any Okies into Rhodebars now? Got a project roo looking for a good home.
He is a cross of my Rhodebar Roo & heritage Rosecomb Rhode Island Red hen.

I am in SouthWest Oklahoma (near Chickasha) if anyone is interested in him.
I wanted to offer him here 1st in case someone would like to use him for a project.

I have 1 grown pair I may part with soon.

Hi!

Back
Top Bottom