***OKIES in the BYC III ***

@ashtree, your flower hen just hatched at least one of the 4 eggs we picked up for her when we got our pigs. We lost our rooster after the possum attack, and they were nice enough to give us what they had in the henhouse.

@ashtree, your flower hen just hatched at least one of the 4 eggs we picked up for her when we got our pigs. We lost our rooster after the possum attack, and they were nice enough to give us what they had in the henhouse.

That's so great! Is the hen one of the flower chicks we hatched? I can't remember if you got those 2 babies. Id love to see a picture.

Go to http://www.cacklehatchery.com/
D.gif
I've raised some beauties from them. For a hatchery, they have some great looking birds at decent prices.
I like Cackle, too. Drove by there once on I-44 in Lebanon MO, and wished I could stop. Very nice, responsive staff. The unusual thing about them is that you can actually get some harder to find breeds in a timely manner. The wait times at McMurray are pretty long.

I know some swear by McMurray, obviously a fine established place, because they feel their breeds are more pure, etc. One fellow I know claims other hatcheries have less pure strains of things like Marans. Interestingly, the Marans he raises now, he got from me. I got them from Cackle. I've never had a sick or dead chick from them. They also have a nice selection of ducks.

Hi everyone!! I'm hoping i can start a little breeding experiment in my backyard.
big_smile.png

I've got a speckled sussex roo mixed with six different ladies (buff orp, two mutts, production red, buff orp/brahma cross and a partridge rock). I'm hoping I'll get good babies! I'm interested in what his offspring might look like, and I'm hoping he's fertile/my girls go broody. What do you guys think?

Does anyone here know how to trap a bobcat? My sons live on 1 1/2 acre in the suburbs with neighbors on both sides and behind their house but the property across the street from them is open pasture. I have never noticed livestock over there but I think that is where the bobcat comes from. It goes into their yard and kills their cats, grabbing them and running to the pasture. Can hear the cats scream as they are being killed ... so awful. Seems like it comes several nights and then is gone for a while. My sons have seen it in their trees and one of their neighbors set a trap for it but I do not know what kind, only that it didn't seem to go near the trap. Is it ok to shoot it if it comes into your yard and kills your pets?

http://www.eregulations.com/oklahoma/hunting/furbearer-regulations/
Does anyone here know how to trap a bobcat?  My sons live on 1 1/2 acre in the suburbs with neighbors on both sides and behind their house but the property across the street from them is open pasture.  I have never noticed livestock over there but I think that is where the bobcat comes from.  It goes into their yard and kills their cats, grabbing them and running to the pasture.  Can hear the cats scream as they are being killed ... so awful.  Seems like it comes several nights and then is gone for a while.  My sons have seen it in their trees and one of their neighbors set a trap for it but I do not know what kind, only that it didn't seem to go near the trap.    Is it ok to shoot it if it comes into your yard and kills your pets?

Under exemptions of regulations. States that it can be killed if it is attacking livestock or poultry. Seems like pets would be considered livestock...

I like Cackle, too. Drove by there once on I-44 in Lebanon MO, and wished I could stop. Very nice, responsive staff. The unusual thing about them is that you can actually get some harder to find breeds in a timely manner. The wait times at McMurray are pretty long.

I know some swear by McMurray, obviously a fine established place, because they feel their breeds are more pure, etc. One fellow I know claims other hatcheries have less pure strains of things like Marans. Interestingly, the Marans he raises now, he got from me. I got them from Cackle. I've never had a sick or dead chick from them. They also have a nice selection of ducks.

I can't buy from a hatchery, just can't I see they have standard oeg in all different color variations but I just cant. I have a hard enough time buying from a person never know what you're getting.

Back
Top Bottom