***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Lol

The building will be open from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday to receive entries. Sales are also allowed then.

The showroom opens at 7:00 a.m. Saturday to receive birds. The public is also allowed in at that time, and sales go on all day. Judging begins at 9, and no one is allowed in the aisles that are roped off by white poles while judging is going on, but can be in the other aisles. A raffle drawing will take place at 2 p.m.

Hope to see you there!

The building will be open from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.  Friday to receive entries.  Sales are also allowed then.

The showroom opens at 7:00 a.m. Saturday to receive birds.  The public is also allowed in at that time, and sales go on all day.  Judging begins at 9, and no one is allowed in the aisles that are roped off by white poles while judging is going on, but can be in the other aisles.  A raffle drawing will take place at 2 p.m. 

Hope to see you there!
g

Thank you for the info

Worming chickens individually is rough work!! Even at night they squirm too much for one person. I saw one of my girls had tapeworms in her poop so everyone I could get to tonight before the chickens spilled my medicine everywhere got wormed. My biggest concern was the tapeworm girly, and I knew who it was, so she was treated first. Hopefully that Zimerectin Gold works its magic tonight.

The building will be open from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday to receive entries. Sales are also allowed then.

The showroom opens at 7:00 a.m. Saturday to receive birds. The public is also allowed in at that time, and sales go on all day. Judging begins at 9, and no one is allowed in the aisles that are roped off by white poles while judging is going on, but can be in the other aisles. A raffle drawing will take place at 2 p.m.

Hope to see you there!
Thank you for sharing that info!

@Fallenone05 I had no idea chickens could contract tapeworms. Huh... I learn something new everyday. How do you think she got it?
Tapeworms can be got by.. just about anything, really! Tapeworm eggs live in the soil, and so any bug chickens eat can have tapeworm. Tapeworm inside chicken poop is easy to spot if you know what you're looking for! Look at a solid dropping (not one of their cecal poops) and if you see little white, moving pearls inside their poop, it's tapeworm. Chickens can also get roundworms, just like our pet dogs and cats can, and roundworms are not hard to miss in the least - literally they're giant white worms that looked like cooked spaghetti noodles... just squirmy because they're dying once they're expelled.

Roundworm in chicken poop - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VppcZ6D5-...eYFU/s1600/Sharon+Crosetto+worms+in+poop2.JPG

Tapeworm in chicken poop - http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/0/09/200x200px-ZC-09fbee2b_Japan398.jpeg

Your best bet to learn if your chickens have any sort of internal parasites is to watch their poop. When mine first got roundworm, one pooped out what looked like mustard and it smelled god awful.

Back
Top Bottom