***OKIES in the BYC III ***

LOL ... Yes it sure has.

I never took my onions out of the ground from last year and they are still growing good :) . I need to get the broccoli , cabbage, carrots , cauliflower, lettuce and peas in the ground myself.

So, 3 of my girls started laying again, but they aren't using the nest boxes. My hubs thinks they're looking for a place to hide a nest, which is entirely probable. I found one in a far corner underneath the coop which is wrapped with hardware cloth on 3 sides, so not easy to get to. Smart girl! Looks like I might need to grab some fake eggs next time I go to TS and see if that will change their minds. Under the coop is one of their favorite spots to hang out and hide from the sun and my husband's lawn equipment, so I don't want to block it off unless there's no other way.

Dollar golf balls work just as well as fake eggs! ;) I got a few to sit by putting golf balls and eggs in the nest.

A serious hen will even sit on a smooth rock! One of my hens chose a few large chicken biscuits to brood...she collected 5 of them from around the layer house and made her nest under the wall nest box. She convinced me to set her up in a brood pen with a clutch of eggs to hatch. :lau

A serious hen will even sit on a smooth rock! One of my hens chose a few large chicken biscuits to brood...she collected 5 of them from around the layer house and made her nest under the wall nest box. She convinced me to set her up in a brood pen with a clutch of eggs to hatch.
lau.gif

Sitting on a rock . Sounds like a silkie lol

Poco Pollo raises pigs now, she has had several litters, she doesn't post much but you could pm her I'm sure.

NanaK glad to see the garden posts lets me know how far behind I am! lol

That woman running from the roo is silly, she needs to pick up the nearest stick, rod, long handled tool and way lay the beejeesus out of the stupid bird, then fire up the crock pot.

Back
Top Bottom