DSC_0340.JPG
DSC_0341.JPG
DSC_0342.JPG
DSC_0346.JPG
DSC_0347.JPG
DSC_0351.JPG
DSC_0356.JPG
DSC_0359.JPG

I hope everyone is ok. I can smell the fires all the way in OKC because the wind is pushing the smoke our way. To those who are in a fire path, please stay safe. Praying for a quick stop to it.

Sold our 4 bantam babies today... Have 10 lavender Ameracaunas in the Bator going strong!! All of the Dorking eggs are duds... But the seller was very kind and is replacing due to their all being extremely porous. Looking to get some standard Barnevelder eggs to hatch & *maybe* a couple turkeys to raise for the Holidays hope everyone has a great weekend!!

I had a pack of 4 dogs attack my chickens yesterday. I found the owners of one of the dogs. They ere apologetic and agreed to pay damages if I decide to charge them. The dogs killed one splash Ameraucana hen and injured one Ameraucana rooster and one easter egger hen. I probably won't charge them, but I'm concerned that the dogs will return. I clipped wings and I'm keeping the chickens in the chicken pen today. No more free ranging. Are the dogs likely to break thru the wood fence that surrounds my chicken pen? I really don't want to have to SSS but I will do whatever I have to do.
I have a few Spitzhaubens and they hate being penned up. Does anyone else here raise Spitzhaubens in pens?

I had a pack of 4 dogs attack my chickens yesterday. I found the owners of one of the dogs. They ere apologetic and agreed to pay damages if I decide to charge them. The dogs killed one splash Ameraucana hen and injured one Ameraucana rooster and one easter egger hen. I probably won't charge them, but I'm concerned that the dogs will return. I clipped wings and I'm keeping the chickens in the chicken pen today. No more free ranging. Are the dogs likely to break thru the wood fence that surrounds my chicken pen? I really don't want to have to SSS but I will do whatever I have to do.
I have a few Spitzhaubens and they hate being penned up. Does anyone else here raise Spitzhaubens in pens?
I'm sorry you lost a hen to dogs. Happened to me, too. I also opted to pen my girls until we can save enough money for a new fence, which I hated to do, because I have no idea how long they will have to deal with that. How tall is the fence around your pen?

Back
Top Bottom